• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THIS is awesome!!!

Wow!

One of those things I let go of long ago in a time of desperation, that I kick myself for now...I had one pre Beta-C with 4 100% 90 round drums on a Colt AR15 lower. It was a firebreather for sure and turned heads at the range - many never knew that a Colt LMG even existed. I sometime wonder what would have become of it had reliable high capacity drums had been available?

im so very tempted to buy an lmg upper
found a brand new one on gunbroker but its reserve is over $1000

i have the preban beta mag...very very tempting

just found another upper on auctionarms

close to $3000 jusr for the upper!!!!

is it anything more than just an hbar barrel with a different handguard on it? if so ill just replicate it with my hbar cuz for 3gs thats waaaaay out of my league

It is just an HBAR. IIRC it is thicker than a standard HBAR and the receiver was reinforced. Also was designed to fire from an open bolt. Has no barrel change capability. Neat looking but it doesnt provide much if any improvement over an HBAR unless you have a registered lower. I would think that a fluted heavy or super heavy barrel with a good free float handguard for ventilation would provide better accuracy and be much cheaper.

It is just an HBAR. IIRC it is thicker than a standard HBAR and the receiver was reinforced. Also was designed to fire from an open bolt. Has no barrel change capability. Neat looking but it doesnt provide much if any improvement over an HBAR unless you have a registered lower. I would think that a fluted heavy or super heavy barrel with a good free float handguard for ventilation would provide better accuracy and be much cheaper.

my thoughts exactly!

Well, this dates me for sure, but I got mine from CTD for are you ready??? $699.00 and I thought that was expensive! [crying]

It was heavy duty - heavier than my HBAR. It was well worh $700.00 for the cool factor alone and the head turns on the range. It was also very accurate and under rapid fire, it held pretty good. Ran it on a buddies C3 FA M16 lower and it was stunning. Ahh...the good old days...Not sure it's worth 3K for an upper, but beauty and money well spent is in the eye of the beholder... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom