Things People Tell You ...

Shoot.

Shovel.

Shut up.

And I'm not really kidding. Go look at the crime stats. Let's say somebody breaks into your home - ARMED and with full knowledge that there are people present there. It's an almost 100% certainty that person is not a newbie to crime. In fact they're more than likely already a hardened criminal - or - one of those kids who has been torturing cats since they were 5 years old and they're trying to graduate to humans.

Point here is: it's EXTREMELY unlikely if you pop the guy between the eyes - that you're killing some poor soul who was just trying to turn their life around.

So now let's say their body turns up in a shallow grave in the woods, half decomposed after floating in a river for a week, or the half coyote-eaten body is found by a hiker. As long as you removed the bullet - and nobody sees you hauling the body out of your house or dumping the body - and everybody in your family who was home at the time it happened can keep their friggin mouth shut........... when the cops find that body - and figure out who the corpse belongs to - which they will if the person is in the system - which he will be because of what I said above.......... it's also EXTREMELY unlikely any sort of resources will be expended to try and solve why said body is out in the woods.

I would also point out that in the age of Covid, Antifah, BLM, and the just general all-around shitshow our society has become , things are not "normal" any more. Resources are strained - police are under pressure...... dedicating time and money to figuring out why a douchebag met a douchebag's end is not something that will rise to the top of the list on where to spend precious budget dollars.

So in the end - your main determinant on whether or not you can "get away" with something like this are:

- your own conscience.

- the flapping gums of whoever else lives in the house with you and was present at the time it happened.

- your own ability to STFU

- the likelihood that anybody is going to report hearing a gunshot. I can tell you that in my sleepy suburban neighborhood I occasionally hear loud noises that just might be a gunshot. I don't bother to report it. I've used powder-charge nailsets - and no cop ever showed up at my house. This includes sometimes at later hours (I was inside). Also - pretty much everybody is in bed by 11pm. Shoot the guy ONCE inside the house - probably a 99% chance nobody is going to do a damn thing about that gun shot noise they *might* hear.

- your ability to dispose of the body without getting caught. This is probably the thing with the highest likelihood of getting your ass in trouble. Better really think it out.

As you can tell - I've actually thought this out.

Please don't break into my house.

:D
DNA. You know you left some behind.

Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage, etc...

And here's the thing - YOURS doesn't need to be on any of these sites because chances are REALLY good that someone (or multiple someone's) who are 3rd cousins or closer - ARE on these sites. 3rd cousins share a pair of great great grandparents. That's a LOT of offspring possibly opting into DNA testing. And if enough 4th cousins are on these sites - that will work too.

what "you" forgot to report is that as he was fleeing he shouted he was going to get a gun and 3 buddies and come back and kill you and rape your wife and your dog

Yeah - that might cover you when/if he and his buddies came back. Very few places allow you to shoot someone as they flee; once they're no longer an active threat to you, you can't treat them as such.

I'm not a lawyer, yada, yada. But I have taken a few courses on defensive shooting and I've read a bit.

EDITED to fix grammatical error, "not longer" to "no longer"

Last edited:
Wrong. Best advice is to STFU and say absolutely nothing. Only your name. Anything in addition to your name is f*cking stupid.

Leave it to gun owners to over complicate things.

While not gun related, it applies to every situation when the PoPo starts asking questions:

Burn this in your brain.

View: https://youtu.be/sgWHrkDX35o

This right here is the correct answer, even if you are completely innocent. All I’ve been reading on that petito case is why didn’t the police make him talk, and if he was a poc The police would have made him talk. Wrong. The police can’t make you say anything, but, most people will in an attempt to clear their name, or they think that they have to talk to the police. We’ve been conditioned by tv that “lawyering up” is a bad thing. You always hear the police say that in a drama, “We Tried to talk to him but the bastard lawyered up.” You don’t have to act like Al Capone and say, “I ain’t telling you nuthin’ coppa!” You can simply give your name and tell them that you want to speak with your attorney. They’ll pressure you and you’ll be under a lot of stress, but, stfu is the key.

i Think services like uscca provide plastic cards with an 800 number for a lawyer you can call 24/7 for a shooting Situation where you need an attorney?

i Think services like uscca provide plastic cards with an 800 number for a lawyer you can call 24/7 for a shooting Situation where you need an attorney?
Correct. I am a member of USCCA.
You can associate a lawyer with your profile, if you call the number, they send the lawyer.

The number is easy to memorize.

I have a NES lawyer as my contact, after asking several people I was told he is the best for a self defense situation.

I hope I never have to use it. It would be nice to read of a case when someone had to use USCCA in MA, but I never found one.

what "you" forgot to report is that as he was fleeing he shouted he was going to get a gun and 3 buddies and come back and kill you and rape your wife and your dog
That is not an "imminent threat" and therefore doesn't reach the level required to justify deadly force. This per Atty Andy Branca's book/seminar The Law of Self Defense!

This right here is the correct answer, even if you are completely innocent. All I’ve been reading on that petito case is why didn’t the police make him talk, and if he was a poc The police would have made him talk. Wrong. The police can’t make you say anything, but, most people will in an attempt to clear their name, or they think that they have to talk to the police. We’ve been conditioned by tv that “lawyering up” is a bad thing. You always hear the police say that in a drama, “We Tried to talk to him but the bastard lawyered up.” You don’t have to act like Al Capone and say, “I ain’t telling you nuthin’ coppa!” You can simply give your name and tell them that you want to speak with your attorney. They’ll pressure you and you’ll be under a lot of stress, but, stfu is the key.

Yup. In my wallet, behind my permit, is my USCCA member card. On the back it has "Post-incident instructions" - which start with dial 911, then go to call Critical Response Team (with number), and finish with what to do when the police arrive -
COMPLY - Follow instructions
MEDICAL - request medical attention if necessary
SILENCE - "I will cooperate 100 percent, but first I need my attorney" Do not talk further without your lawyer present.

My wife is a member also, (spouse package), and has her card with her weapons permit.

She and I have had conversations about what to do if involved in a shooting.

DNA. You know you left some behind.

Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage, etc...

And here's the thing - YOURS doesn't need to be on any of these sites because chances are REALLY good that someone (or multiple someone's) who are 3rd cousins or closer - ARE on these sites. 3rd cousins share a pair of great great grandparents. That's a LOT of offspring possibly opting into DNA testing. And if enough 4th cousins are on these sites - that will work too.

Another thing that is definitely true.

But ...... again.......... only true if somebody bothers to look.

Back
Top Bottom