• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

These gun laws sure do work.....

The Juvenile Justice System hasn't worked for some time and yet no one wants to be the one to be responsible for the incarceration of "youngsters" accused of serious crimes. Unfortunately my town was the location for the Juvenile Detention Center for the county. You would not believe the "kids" from Newark and surrounding areas put in that facility. They were as bad or worse then the adults and yet the legal system did everything in their power to see that they were put back on the street again.

Juvenile Court itself was a joke. Rarely did I ever be required to actually testify. The Victims were not only barred for the most part from the trial but their feelings on the sentencing were not relevant. Car thefts were rampant because even if caught, they were simply released to do it over and over again. While I will agree that the system is overloaded and the Juvenile agencies are understaffed no one seems willing to tackle the problem. What happened here is far from rare. It is almost the norm.

Back
Top Bottom