The U.N. is coming for your guns - Update #402

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/5/the-un-is-coming-for-your-guns/

The United Nations is deliberating over a treaty that will place comprehensive limits on the international weapons trade. The language of the draft agreement is so expansive it wouldn’t take an Obama-appointed judge very long to extend the treaty to cover the domestic firearms market as well. If American jurists continue to be enamored by the popular trend to consider international precedence when making U.S. rulings, you can kiss the Second Amendment goodbye.

....Interesting

Last edited:
..if the U.N. or Obama and his goons want my guns, they'll have to beat me to death with them because there won't be a single unfired round left in my house. I am not going out like a Jewish person in Poland in the 40's.

The guns are always the first to go, an unarmed person stands very little chance against their oppressors.

I wonder how many pre bans are in that pile
ak47_magazines_drc.jpg

The irony of the UN attempting to restrict private purchase, trade and ownership of firearms as a Human Right's issue is astounding. The private ownership of firearms is one of the best protections the people of the earth have against Human Right's Violations by the member nations of the UN and other organizations of "authority".

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many pre bans are in that pile
ak47_magazines_drc.jpg

likely the overwhelming majority of them.

They're going after US manufacturers. The domestic market will be impacted to some degree without them even having to take the extra step to apply it domestically.

Baby steps.

- - - Updated - - -

The private ownership of firearms is one of the best protections the people of the earth have against Human Right's Violations by the member nations of the UN and other organizations of "authority".

Like the UN? [smile]

The Army/police will do what they are told to do, history is quite clear on that. What Americans do is what would matter.
How many of you guys that were in the armed forces would go door to door collecting guns?

...So they're going to need the UN to come do it, right?

Let's see how that works out.

172-0727082413-Stamp_Image_UN_Blue_Helmet-1.jpg

Maybe some, but not all. I sure as sh*t would be handing in my badge and getting ready for the fun!!
History and Stanley Milgram suggest the vast majority would. I commend those that wouldn't, and I certainly wouldn't put my freedom hopes on the idea of draconian measures not being enforced.

If it ever happens it will be done incrementally, not overnight. They'll criminalize one thing at a time and slowly herd everyone where they want them to go.

If it ever happens it will be done incrementally, not overnight. They'll criminalize one thing at a time and slowly herd everyone where they want them to go.

I can see the legislature passing a cripplingly expensive firearm owners safety insurance bill. Of course it won't be mandatory, but failure to purchase will result in a penalty.

Come on in, the water's fine.
boiling-frog.jpg

The UN has been trying for this since Dubya if i recall. They now have an administration in the white house who is sympathetic. The only obstacle is the Senate, which must approve all treaties with a 2/3 majority. If it is an "agreement" it requires a simple majority of both houses. (Someone correct me if I am wrong on approval and whatnot, I'm going off memory here).

~SW

The UN has been trying for this since Dubya if i recall. They now have an administration in the white house who is sympathetic. The only obstacle is the Senate, which must approve all treaties with a 2/3 majority. If it is an "agreement" it requires a simple majority of both houses. (Someone correct me if I am wrong on approval and whatnot, I'm going off memory here).

~SW

I don't know how those "treaty" and "agreement" requirements have held up over recent years. The executive branch seems to think it can implement international deals on its own if the past couple of presidencies are any indication.

Stupid question I know we are a member nation of the UN, how soild is their pull(politically here). If the senator s shot this down could the UN enforce it with sanctions/troops :). Or is the UN just a bunch of folks we politely tolerate and help.

Stupid question I know we are a member nation of the UN, how soild is their pull(politically here). If the senator s shot this down could the UN enforce it with sanctions/troops :). Or is the UN just a bunch of folks we politely tolerate and help.

The UN is retarded. They cant run anything. They just say they can run everything.

This is the 1,000th thread about how the UN is coming to take our guns, and mysteriously the UN gun ban is not here yet.

The UN is retarded. They cant run anything. They just say they can run everything.

This is the 1,000th thread about how the UN is coming to take our guns, and mysteriously the UN gun ban is not here yet.
Well to tel the truth they did decide to put the discussion about the treaty on hold back in 2009 until 2012 and they restarted the discussion on 7/2/2012 so you have to expect the talk to start back up. no matter what we should be out of the UN

Well to tel the truth they did decide to put the discussion about the treaty on hold back in 2009 until 2012 and they restarted the discussion on 7/2/2012 so you have to expect the talk to start back up. no matter what we should be out of the UN

Always good to be vigilante. Can't let them sneak up on us.

Not counting our soldiers, the UN has about 80,000 troops contributed by member nations. The US has about 1.4M active, and another 1.4M reserve, and could always take the UN headquarters hostage.

There's no way the senate will ratify a UN arms treaty, and even if ratified, treaties do not override the U.S. Constitution (Reid v. Covert, October 1956, 354 U.S. 1, at pg 17)

Back
Top Bottom