The simpsons

Simpsons used to be a great show, now it's just too far left liberal bent for me. That show got really preachy and annoying really fast. Krusty's gun quote is great, though, see my sig.

Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals and keeping the king of England out of your face.

What is this; the Bowdlerized version? I remember it as:

Guns aren't toys, YA YUTZ. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals and keeping the king of England out of your face.

That whole " Blade of grass " thing. I don't care if it's true.

Because it oughta be true. Not the Imperial Admiral . Eff him , he lost. We get to make up stuff he said , far as I am concerned.
What I mean ought to be true is the threat & potential of a well regulated militia being necessary.

The Simpsons are dead to me ever since Sideshow Bob got put away in the nuthouse.

That whole " Blade of grass " thing. I don't care if it's true.

Because it oughta be true. Not the Imperial Admiral . Eff him , he lost. We get to make up stuff he said , far as I am concerned.

Well, some of us prefer fact to fantasy. Especially when developing and defending doctrines and policy.

What I mean ought to be true is the threat & potential of a well regulated militia being necessary.

Which can be done far better through fact; not fabrication.

The populace triumphed over an 'out of control' Army.
It sounds like a win for the folks at the expense of yet another shot at the savage military.

To be fair though, the Founding Fathers spent a few years exchanging gunfire with soldiers, not seamstresses.

The episode when Homer gets a gun is very anti.

I still found it hilarious. The show is satire, and definitely has less of a political agenda than shows like The Family Guy. I saw more how much it highlighted how little people know about guns and gun laws than anything else.

Larry will not be down for Happy Hour at Moes Tavern:

I actually watched this episode, and I'm sure my reaction was the same as every other Simpsons fan, "who the hell is Larry?"
It appears that Larry was an NPC, background extra or stool warmer at Moes Tavern, who has been there since season one.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Last edited:
Larry will not be down for Happy Hour at Moes Tavern:

I actually watched this episode, and I'm sure my reaction was the same as every other Simpsons fan, "who the hell is Larry?"
It appears that Larry was an NPC, background extra or stool warmer at Moes Tavern, who has been there since season one.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

A-1 thread resurrect.

It was fun re-reading a Scrivener reply chain in context.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom