• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Sicario - A Juarez hit man speaks

Today I heard an interview on 90.9 WBUR of author Charles Bowden. I was so stricken by his nuetral "facts only" account of his meeting and the story of interviewing a Mexican cartel hitman I had to find the Harpers Magazine essay online and share it. It tells his story from childhood until now in an essay coldly factual in it's delivery. So much of what the media spouts about Mexico is dilusional. It strikes a chord with us here b/c of the whole cartel gun arguement and how that translates into proposed bans for AR's and the like. If you have the time and inclination, make a read of the attached essay. You'll learn what you never would have known unless you've been there yourself. I only wish the whole population could read it and understand better what is going on down there...politically. The author had me in the interview when he said (paraphrased) "the brainless politicians (in the US) would have you believe it's all so cut and dry when if they knew the truth they might realize there is no control..." Check out the attached document...share your thoughts.

Wow, that was quite a read, thank you for posting. Kinda reminds me of "No Country For Old Men", Mexico can be a vicious and brutal place...anywhere can be for that matter. Makes me thankful for the relative peace and tranquility we enjoy around here for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom