The packrat in me made a great purchase over 10 years ago

I bought these mortar containers at an army/navy surplus store in Wells, ME well over 10 years ago. I don't quite remember when but the store is no longer and was replaced by a Chinese restaurant or some sort of candy store?

Regardless: I bought a bunch of these and just had them laying around. I stumbled across them tonight and realized they are sealed containers. All the rubber seals are good.

No need for ammo boxes now. I feel like I've hit the jackpot. Now I need to make the ammo to fill them.

1zeiicw.jpg

mortar.jpg

What's the diameter ?

Looks like you might be able to fit a disassembled rifle in there.

Good for a lot of ammo anyway.

Didn't even think about that. I may have to try it.
They aren't huge. Maybe 2 feet long and 4.5 inches in diameter.
I maybe able to fit a carbine with iron sights and a completely disassembled lower receiver and stock. "might"

I remember the store and shopped there every year i remember my bewilderment when i discovered the Chinese food place in its place. I'm guessing the guy retired to a bunker in montana

That place was great. I rrally miss it. And there seem to be no good army navy places left..
Most all of them have gone the way of calling themselves an army navy store and all they carry is carhart, converse and rothco.. No good stuff anymore.

You've got a great idea...until you hit a gas pipe

It's not a problem! This is Massachusetts.

Call 800-DIG-SAFE and they will check their database of your property and mark any undergound utilities for you.

If they make a mistake, THEY will have to pay for the funeral.

Of course, they'll also have a map of your storage containers...

Something about those containers...don't know what it is. The possibilities are endless.

Back
Top Bottom