• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Woman on Target Program

JimConway

Instructor
The NRA (GOAL) Woman on Target Program is coming to the Westford Sportsmen's Club (WSC) on September 13, 2008. Since I am the WSC coordinator for this event, I have already enlisted (actually I had to fight them off) the staff instructors from Neshooters to be instructors. As many of you know this program consists or the NRA Home Firearm Safety course and the Mass law presentation needed for the issuance of a firearm licence , taught by no other than Jon Greene and the opportunity for the women to shoot handguns, rifles and shotguns.

Mark your calendars since this will be a day to remember.

I'm not an instructor or anything, but I'm happy to help out any way I can. I can't guarantee a date that far in advance, but I'm putting it on my calendar.

Put the word out for this great event.

Jim and I are pleased that we can assist GOAL again. Let your Ladies know and get them ready to attend.

The Westford Sportsmans Club should be commended also for agreeing to host this event.

We're going to have some exceptional coaches available for this event. One of the trap shooters at Westford won her division at the ATA Grand National a couple of years back. It's not completely decided yet, but we may have both the Trap fields and the Sporting Clays course up (for those women who want to make things harder for themselves).

Ken

Guy's put this date on your gals calendar

This is the perfect intro to the shooting sports for the woman in your life.

A nice ride to the range on a warm fall morning, breakfast on the way in. shooting all day with a great group of people.

Then you can leave your buddies and meet her at home and discuss the days events and compare targets. Hers will be better!
Thanks to Woman on Target.

Last edited:
WOT at Westford Sportsmen's Club details

The following is excerpted from the Flyer for the course

The GOAL Foundation, Gun Owners’ Action League, Westford Sportsmen’s Club and Neshooters, LLC are proud to present a women’s only instructional shooting clinic.

September 13, 2008
8:00am to 3:30pm
at the
Westford Sportsmen’s Club

Ladies, if you have ever thought about trying your hand at recreational shooting, here is your opportunity! Come join us for a women’s only instructional shooting clinic. You will receive hands on instruction in shotgun, rifle and pistol by the fun, friendly and knowledgeable folks of the Westford Sportsmen’s Club and NE Shooters. All women are invited to participate regardless of skill level. No previous experience is necessary; just the desire to learn and have fun. For those interested in applying for a Massachusetts firearm license, there will be a lecture on state and federal law beginning at 3:30pm and ending at approximately 4:30pm. There is no additional cost for this seminar

This event is $40 per person and is limited to 30 people. Lunch, equipment, ammunition and student handbook are included! You must be at least 16 years old to participate.

Pre-registration is required. Please contact the GOAL office at 508-393-5333 to register.

Directions From Route 3:
Take Route 3 to Exit 33 (Route 40), approximately 5.4 miles north of I495. Take Route 40 west toward Westford and Groton, Massachusetts. Go approximately 5.1 miles through Westford. At this point you will be near the Town of Groton Line (sign on your left) and the Millstone Observatory (on your right). Take the first left after the Groton sign onto Graniteville Road. (Graniteville Road becomes West Street as you cross back into Westford.) Go approximately 0.4 miles. The entrance to the Westford Sportsmen's Club is on the right side of the road.

Back
Top Bottom