The M&P .45 thread

I had a chance to shoot the M&P .45 yesterday. It was everything I had been hoping for. The grip was adequate and the trigger was in the perfect position for my hands. Very easy and instinctual to use the pad of my finger. It wasn't anything to write home about, but it was good enough if you focused and I am sure it will be fantastic after being worked over. The stock triggers on the three M&Ps that I have tried have varied widely in a couple characteristics. Weight at the break, positive click of the reset (non existent in one gun), and crispness of the break. Definitely a fixer upper.
For 300 bucks including shipping Dan Burwell will:
Replace rear sight with serrated black rear
Replace front sight with fiber optic
Stipple front and back strap
Trigger job to 3.5 pounds with reduced reset

For a 500 dollars in the gun and 300 in work you can have a good poor man's 2011 for Limited 10.

Any updates?

Anyone who has one what do you think after some time with it.

I am going to inquire to a S&W contact to see if there is any further news but as of now it is still not on the list.

I do have one, It does not have the mass trigger or a mag safety. I have put abut 300 rounds thru it so far with no problems. I will say that even the stock trigger needs some work. I will probaly have Greg Derrr do a trigger job, as well as put on a set of Big Dot sights.

All in all, a good gun

I guess some folks just know where to shop.

The slide-mounted safety is really neat! [smile]

C-X

Mine arrived today. I went with no thumb safety and added night sights. Trigger out of the box will pass for now but it needs some rounds through it so I can deicde if it needs work or not. Mags are tough to find right now so I will have to settle for the 6 I have [wink]

I have to reload a little ammo then off to the range.

Mine arrived today. I went with no thumb safety and added night sights. Trigger out of the box will pass for now but it needs some rounds through it so I can deicde if it needs work or not. Mags are tough to find right now so I will have to settle for the 6 I have [wink]

I have to reload a little ammo then off to the range.

What the hell!

You guys suck...[crying]

FWIW,

I have one as well with the "better" trigger, and boy does it suck. Really needs a trigger job badly. I can't imagine what the "approved" trigger feels like, must be like playing tug-of-war or something. I hate the trigger so much that I don't shoot the gun at all, which in all fairness doesn't allow me to give a real assessment of the rest of it.

YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom