Jose
One of them was a Suarez instructor
The other was not a student

I was also a Suarez instructor and quit about four years ago

Last edited:
Jose
The movement scheme was developed by Marc Denny

Wacky doug
Suarez is a very controversial trainer. Either you adore him or you hate him.
Many top name trainers hate him, mostly fo copying their material

Gabe Suarez is pushing the state of the art.

I hardly see anything in his curriculum that is copied from anyone else. 99% of the techniques for gunfighting are older than dirt. It's how one refines them and applies them that counts.

Most "top" trainers hate him because he shows how stupid a lot of the so-called top tiers' teaching is when put under pressure during force on force.

I want to be totally clear. I was a Suarez instructor and taught his material for two years. Neshooters also hosted his courses. I have attended his courses. In my opinion, he is a very good instructor.

Jose, you said that Suarez is pushing the state of the art. Please tell me just one area. If you say force on force, please remember that Simunition, and Ken Marray were the fathers and still the major authorities in this area. Force on force is hardly new. What Suarez is very good at is promoting him self and what he is promoting is money, bot the state of the art.

A couple of things:

1) There is very little new in the firearm combatives world.
2) Rehashing a technique with a minor variation and calling it yours is not innovation.
3) I know of no one else that combines so many combatives under one umbrella
4) I know of no one else that has pushed the state of the art in AK combatives as SI has
5) SI has been one of the first to see the potential of red dot sights as the primary sight on fighting pistols
6) SI has been ahead of the curve in integrating aggressive movement in firearms combatives. All the training I have seen still relies on the little side step or the duck walk type movement. Fine for gun games, not so good when fighting for your life
7) SI teaches you things that many trainers think only LE/mil should know.

That's just my opinion

A couple of things:

1) There is very little new in the firearm combatives world.
I agree. There is nothing new.
2) Rehashing a technique with a minor variation and calling it yours is not innovation.
I agree. I found one of Gabe's miracle techniques in a boot printef in 1947
3) I know of no one else that combines so many combatives under one umbrella
I sugest that you take a better look at the great trainers out there
4) I know of no one else that has pushed the state of the art in AK combatives as SI has.
I suggest that you take a look at Paul Gomez
5) SI has been one of the first to see the potential of red dot sights as the primary sight on fighting pistols
I had my first red dot on a Glock about 10 years and Gabe started hyping the idea in the last 12 mionths
6) SI has been ahead of the curve in integrating aggressive movement in firearms combatives. All the training I have seen still relies on the little side step or the duck walk type movement. Fine for gun games, not so good when fighting for your life
You better sign up for a Bill Jeans class or a Southynarc class7) SI teaches you things that many trainers think only LE/mil should know.
Neshooters' host a great and diverse group of trainers and never ,ever, have I heard that said. Gabe just says that so he looks good. Some LEOs that I know describe LEO training as "dumbed down" civilian training

Jose - when I post something that could be worthwhile to someone, please do not hijack the thead ever again.
Since you seem to know just about everything, how many hours of training have you had in the past 5 years?
Who have you trained with?
What guns do you shoot regularly?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom