• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Kel-Tec PMR-30: The Most Deadly Handgun on the Planet?

mikeyp

NES Member
Ermagherd 30 rernds

The Kel-Tec PMR-30: The Most Deadly Handgun on the Planet?

Extra killy pic in it too

evilookingkeltecthatthenraloves.jpg

that pistol is a POS. my father has one and i've had 3 or 4 range outings to evaluate it. 22 wmr was never intended to be chambered in a pistol. it's great for making a loud boom because most of the powder burns outside the barrel. mags are bitch to load. as usual kel tec made something very interesting that I would never buy.

That pistol is awesome. Everyone turns to see what you have when you do a rapid mag dump on 30 rounds. It is LOUD. Easy to handle and totally reliable range toy. As usual kel tec made something very interesting that is fun to shoot.

There are newer 22 WMR rounds meant for a defensive pistol, like Hornady Critical Defense.

OTOH, if you're going with specially designed ammo, why not just get the gun the PMR is imitating and load up a FN Five-seveN with custom ammo like Elite's ProtecTOR? Sure, the FsN only holds 20 rounds, but each has 2-3x the energy and the Five-seveN can make it through a full magazine without a misfeed.

Last edited:
There are newer 22 WMR rounds meant for a defensive pistol, like Hornady Critical Defense.

OTOH, if you're going with specially designed ammo, why not just get the gun the PMR is imitating and load up a FN Five-seveN with custom ammo like Elite's ProtecTOR? Sure, the FN only holds 20 rounds, but each has 3x the energy and the Five-seveN can make it through a full magazine without a misfeed.

I’d love to have a 5.7, really like the ones I’ve shot, but buying one in Mass is big money. Will wait til I move out and buy two for the same price.

Sh*t - now I’ll never get to sleep with a WMD in my gun safe just waiting to slay me as soon as my eyelids shut...

I’d love to have a 5.7, really like the ones I’ve shot, but buying one in Mass is big money. Will wait til I move out and buy two for the same price.
Why would anybody want a PMR-30 or a FsN in Mass when there are no pre-1994 standard capacity magazines for either?

"...the Luger with drum magazine was wieldy and heavy, and dropped from German arsenals shortly after the war. The next major advancement occurred decades later, when the Glock 17—with its seventeen-round, 9mm Luger magazine—hit the market in the early 1980s."

Gee, and here I thought the 9mm Browning Hi-Power started production in 1935, with a 13 round magazine.

The article gave me cancer; "One major drawback for a .22 WMR gun is the ability for even novice shooters to repeatedly score hits on the target."

I always kinda liked this pistol - would buy it if I saw it cheap. Don't think it answers a question I've ever had but doesn't make me wonder what it's for, either.

I really wish they wouldn't pick 8th grade girls to write these articles.

The first, if not one of the first, was World War I’s Luger P08 with thirty-two-round drum

Hold on. Reverse that. LOL

(The Patriots, winners of the Super Bowl if not in the playoffs. . . . wait, what??? If it's not one of the first, it's the first???? Those Venn diagrams don't overlap. LOL)

One major drawback for a .22 WMR gun is the ability for even novice shooters to repeatedly score hits on the target. Higher-caliber handguns generate significant amounts of recoil, making it difficult to hit the target with follow-up shots. A low-recoil gun makes it easier to plant more shots where you want them, opening up multiple wound channels.

Is he saying the WMR is a high-caliber (WTF does that mean???) or did he not mean to say "drawback"???

It's a painful article to read. Clearly not many editors at the National Imbecile.

Eeermahghaaadd!

Where the hell do they come up with this crap? Honestly? I read the title of the thread and started laughing. Kel-Tec and "most deadly" do not really go hand in hand.

What Jack wagon called that thing reliable. I could never get mine to work with primo ammo. Thing was the bane of my existence. That fireball was cool as hell though.

The article gave me cancer; "One major drawback for a .22 WMR gun is the ability for even novice shooters to repeatedly score hits on the target."

I always kinda liked this pistol - would buy it if I saw it cheap. Don't think it answers a question I've ever had but doesn't make me wonder what it's for, either.

You'd regret it lol. I bought it when they were impossible to find for a steal. Only gun I've ever bought at a gun show..... Yeah that's where the fun stopped.

that asshat who writes these articles is a complete choad. He's got a whole mess of em, with clickbaity titles like "most lethal", "most deadly", "5 best/worst guns" etc

FWIW, he never even mentioned the S&W 44magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head CLEEN off.

Nor did he mention the 44 Automag - which when used properly will remove the fingerprints.

if you buy the gun, take it to the range and start firing, you have a pretty good chance of getting jams and other failure to feed issues. If you first take it home, field strip and lube it EVERYWHERE there is any possibility of friction, it should work just fine. The plastic on plastic does NOT function very well and it does not come adequately lubed from the factory.

This is NES. I assumed if it was not a glock, everyone lubed it after buying, cleaned and lubed it every 20 rounds, and sold it as LNIB if it had under 1000 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom