the gun show loop hole

ok ive heard allot about it but dont know much about it, what is it? and does anyone know about how often there are shows in mass?

Its not a loophole its the law.

In short.

A LTC holder can sell another LTC holder a firearm Face-To-Face. No background check is required on the sellers part.

The seller would document the transaction on a FA-10.

It happens every day either at a gun show or not... Each LTC holder is allowed 4 FTF transaction per year.

EDIT I am referring only to Mass. I am not familiar at all with other states laws.

Pssshh, te way that Al-Qaeda terrorists and violent right-wing extremists get their guns in the US of A!

In actuality, it's just a misconstrued, grossly overstated moniker used by the Gun Confiscation Lobby to scare the sheep to clamor for more usurpation of our God-given right to self-defense.

Same thing with "Saturday Night Specials (1980s)", "cop killer bullets (1990s)", and "assault weapons (2000s)". Scared yet? [wink]

I'm sure there's 837,231 threads here on it.

Massachusetts private transfers are almost entirely done (some exceptions) using the FA-10 form.

the gun show loop hole

It's a lie. There is no loophole.

What they really mean is no private (person to person) transfer of firearms.

In reality it means:

- You won't be able to get your Dad's guns when he doesn't have a need for them anymore. At least not without the .gov getting involved.

- You won't be able to give your guns to your kids when you don't have a need for them anymore. At least not without the .gov getting involved.

- You won't be able to sell, trade, or barter a firearm with your buddy from college, the military, church, or a neighbor. At least not without the .gov getting involved.

See the pattern here!

My advice? GO to a gun show and see just how many "loop hole" transactions you can scare up.

99% of the tables at gun shows are DEALERS (just like any other large convention type show). Could a non-dealer get a table and do person to person FA-10 transactions? Sure. But they would be limited to 4 transactions MAX. How many individuals do you know who pay $500 per table and set up to sell potentially 4 items? Not many...if at all.

99% of gun show tables ARE DEALERS (who are required to do background checks just like if you bought from a brick and mortar store)...the other 1% of tables are selling beef jerky...albeit sans background check.

thanks guys, straight and to the point, ha i guess now i just have to find someone who wants to sell their sig p229 elite in .40

Have you seen some of that evil black back strap jerky they sell?!?! Clearly made only for soldiers out on the battlefield.
Only the military and law enforcement need to have cured meat like that.

Are you suggesting background checks for Beef Jerky purchases?

"I'll give up my jerky when they scrape it out of my cold dead intestine"

Gun show loophole: people can legally sell guns to each other in private transfers provided both parties can legally possess the guns

Problem with banning private transfers like those at gun shows: sales to prohibited persons are already illegal; such a ban would only affect people that can legally posses the gun

Gun show reality: the last place you would want to try and sell a firearm illegally is a gun show. They're swarming with Federal (ATF), state, and local police.

Last edited:
The "Gun Show Loophole" is just an alarmist phrase for private sales in states that don't require a license to own any gun.

What is called the "Gun Show Loophole" CANNOT happen in Massachusetts, because private sales require a look at the appropriate FID or LTC. As background checks are done for those, and they are revoked for violations, all sales in MA are background checked.

That's why we have the FID/LTC -- they are badges of good behavior.

Here at our shows - guns can be brought into the show unloaded and they are all "checked". They are not supposed to be sold privately at the shows, but no one cares too much as long as it done "discreetly" - although I do see folks with signs on their rifles, etc as to what they are, but no pricing is displayed. It is a "game" that is played.

I would say that if one were to go into a furniture store and bring their old couch to sell privately that the store owners would not want that - pretty much the same idea here at gun shows - not really anything else behind it. However, because it is a large public show, it is difficult to control who is bringing something in to sell to whom (as dealers will trade and buy at the shows) and how they do it.

We have no requirement for licensing to buy or own firearms. We have no limits on how many we can buy at any time. So there is no loophole as there are no restrictions here anyway.

gun show loop hole

it's very real! i found a picture, see!

attachment.php

I think this will help..

Gun Show= Any place where 2 or more people are in the same location and there is a firearm of any type present.

(Ammended addendum, it is being considered that a firearm does not necessarily need to be phyiscally present. The mere discussion of a firearm may constitiute a "gun show" for the purposes of law)

Loop Hole= any transaction of any type that does not does not involve the government.

Last edited:
why does this feel like a fishing expedition by somebody that can't get a license? I hope I'm wrong.

I would say that if one were to go into a furniture store and bring their old couch to sell privately that the store owners would not want that - pretty much the same idea here at gun shows - not really anything else behind it. However, because it is a large public show, it is difficult to control who is bringing something in to sell to whom (as dealers will trade and buy at the shows) and how they do it.

That is a good point, but to be honest I never had to pay an entry fee to look or shop for furniture. At least here in FL, we have to pay $8 to get into a Gun Show, and for the $8 fee; you can look, buy and or sell. There is a huge table on one of the corners and that table is for private transactions, the only thing I have never seen be sold by private parties is ammo, everything else can and it is sold there. As a matter of fact, probably the private sells are higher than the dealer's sells. Once again, this is happening in FL every single month and I have no idea about other states. I believe that the private sales down here in FL are higher than dealer’s sells just for the unique reason about the 5 days waiting policy. If you don’t have a CCW, you will have to wait 5 days (after they check your records) in order to buy a gun, on private sales (after doing the same) you take your weapon with you right away.

Ish.

Last edited:
Well, because it is a show and not a store - I could compare it to an RV show, or home show and the comparison is the same.[grin] No show or store wants private sales on the premesis for competitive reasons.

That is a good point, but to be honest I never had to pay an entry fee to look or shop for furniture. At least here in FL, we have to pay $8 to get into a Gun Show, and for the $8 fee; you can look, buy and or sell. There is a huge table on one of the corners and that table is for private transactions, the only thing I have never seen be sold by private parties is ammo, everything else can and it is sold there. As a matter of fact, probably the private sells are higher than the dealer's sells. Once again, this is happening in FL every single month and I have no idea about other states. I believe that the private sales down here in FL are higher than dealer’s sells just for the unique reason about the 5 days waiting policy. If you don’t have a CCW, you will have to wait 5 days (after they check your records) in order to buy a gun, on private sales (after doing the same) you take your weapon with you right away.

Ish.

Well, because it is a show and not a store - I could compare it to an RV show, or home show and the comparison is the same.[grin] No show or store wants private sales on the premesis for competitive reasons.

And again, I will tell you that you have a good point. I was just talking about FL and my experience at the Gun Show.

Thanks,

Ish.

ok ive heard allot about it but dont know much about it, what is it? and does anyone know about how often there are shows in mass?

Is anyone else disturbed by this post? To the OP, why do you have to buy at a gun show. Why not a gun store or a private sale. Do you have a Firearms license?

Why is this guy being questioned for not knowing what a gun show is or is not?

Suppose you are new to firearms. Given the amount of libtard media disinformation and lies about gun shows, would you NOT have some questions and want the confusion cleared up here (a forum of knowledgeable people)?

I suppose its partially the idea that some POS Boston Phoenix / Globe jr reporter is doing research for a Crazy Gun Nuts article.

Nah...that would never happen. A Globe reporter would just get all their research from the Stop Handgun Violence website.

Suppose you are new to firearms. Given the amount of libtard media disinformation and lies about gun shows, would you NOT have some questions and want the confusion cleared up here (a forum of knowledgeable people)?

That billboard makes me want to get a can of gasoline...

In a perfect world John Rosenthal (the guy that owns that POS) would get treated like the Phelps clan when they show up at a serviceman's funeral- drowned out by the voices of patriots.

I would love nothing better than to see a sea of protesters made up of americans of all stripes/colors/genders/orientations chasing that bastard out to the point where he needs police protection to escape unscathed.

It's a shame that "we the people" don't treat all violators of ALL civil rights, and, for that matter, basic HUMAN rights, with the scorn and contempt that they deserve. IMHO Rosenthal and his ilk are no different than the KKK, Nazis, etc. Bastards like him should be deported, frankly... or at least ostracized into a corner so that they will become functionally irrelevant.

Well, a guy can dream, can't he? [grin]

-Mike

That is exactly how I read it - just a quest for knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom