• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Great Garlic Experiment

Conclusion: Don't plant a clove of store bought garlic hoping to become the next garlic millionaire.

The plant did root somewhat but as of my last update all attempts to revive the plant failed. I will suggest buying seeds and doing a kitchen "green house" to start it and go from there.

So my lesson is that just because it sprouts doesn't mean it's gonna take.

I'd like to do a practical plant garden - garlic, basil, scallions, leeks, kale, carrots, rhubarb, raspberries - stuff I like to eat - herbs, fruits, root veg. and the like. Property isn't exactly suited to garden. I've got a shelf unit that might suit a limited plant farm - herbs most likely as there's not room for tubers.

Thanks for watching.

Conclusion: Don't plant a clove of store bought garlic hoping to become the next garlic millionaire.

The plant did root somewhat but as of my last update all attempts to revive the plant failed. I will suggest buying seeds and doing a kitchen "green house" to start it and go from there.

So my lesson is that just because it sprouts doesn't mean it's gonna take.

I'd like to do a practical plant garden - garlic, basil, scallions, leeks, kale, carrots, rhubarb, raspberries - stuff I like to eat - herbs, fruits, root veg. and the like. Property isn't exactly suited to garden. I've got a shelf unit that might suit a limited plant farm - herbs most likely as there's not room for tubers.

Thanks for watching.

Check this article out, it might work for those that don't have good soil and still want to grow veggies.

http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201603?pg=48#pg48

Back
Top Bottom