The GAS-OPERATED SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIREARMS EXCLUSION (GOSAFE) ACT introduced today

GAS-OPERATED SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIREARMS EXCLUSION (GOSAFE) ACT

A really stupid idea, but at least they managed to shoe-horn it into an acronym that probably almost makes sense to people who have no clue.

Canada has freedom of speech but the government is allowed to impose "reasonable restrictions". Sound familiar?

As to "gas operated" - the gasbags that came up with this crap don't seem to even understand what that term means in the firearms world.

I thought this was a ban on gas piston guns.

This is the best part.

The GOSAFE Act will force would-be mass shooters to reload their guns more frequently — giving people time to flee and law enforcement time to arrive on the scene and observe the situation from a safe zone.
It gives police time to implement social distancing?

Damn, does it include free hand sanitizer too?

Blowback design is gas driven

I’m also saying gas driven but the flow chart says gas operated. PCCs are gas operated.

Also, PCCs are necessarily blowback. They can be DI.
blowback uses the physical force of the barrel/chamber pushing back on the bolt/carrier. In a short recoil the barrel travels a short distance, unlocks from the bolt/carrier, and the bolt continues on it's own inertia. In a long recoil the barrel and bolt travel all the way back together then the barrel is released to return forward while the bolt is held back with the shell casing. The shell is ejected and when the barrel seats the bolt is then released to travel forward. Some smaller calipers do use a fixed non-locking barrel but there are limits because the weight of the bolt is all that is delaying its rearward movement. Anything more then a 380acp gets dicey.

In a gas operated there is a gas hole in the barrel and the gas is used to push the bolt back, the barrel is fixed in place. With direct impingement the gas itself pushed on the bolt, in a piston operated gun the gus pushes the piston and the piston pushed the both. The barrel is locked in place in both of these.

In a gas operated there is a gas hole
i, as a self-declared liberal judge will look deeper into the core language of the law and will interpret it any damn way i want.
it says loud and clear - is the firearm gas operated? is the bullet propelled out by a rod, electromagnetic force, or gas? ahh, so it is a gas in there to push bullet out, after all?

case closed, it is a gas operated firearm, therefore the law i decree is - no soup for you. with a hole or without.

where do you see 'rifles'? it`s 'firearms'. all of them.
recoil operated handguns are exempt

Exemptions include:
  • .22 caliber rimfire or less firearms
  • Bolt action rifles
  • Semi-automatic shotguns
  • Recoil-operated handguns
  • Any rifle with a permanently fixed magazine of 10 rounds or less
  • Any shotgun with a permanently fixed magazine of 10 rounds or less
  • Any handgun with a permanently fixed magazine of 15 rounds or less

recoil operated handguns are exempt

Exemptions include:
  • .22 caliber rimfire or less firearms
  • Bolt action rifles
  • Semi-automatic shotguns
  • Recoil-operated handguns
  • Any rifle with a permanently fixed magazine of 10 rounds or less
  • Any shotgun with a permanently fixed magazine of 10 rounds or less
  • Any handgun with a permanently fixed magazine of 15 rounds or less
it just asks to be edited out from the final revision.
with only a 'handgun with a permanently fixed magazine' to remain.

been there, done that.
this is what you do when they take it all away.
No, this is:

man-in-tire.jpg

The problem with all this crap is Washington Navy Yard shooting - Wikipedia
A pump action fixed magazine shotgun is just as dangerous as any scary "weapon of war". If they ban semi-auto guns,
they WILL then notice that pump shotguns and lever guns are just as dangerous and ban them as well. That is what Australia and Europe did.

it just asks to be edited out from the final revision.
with only a 'handgun with a permanently fixed magazine' to remain.

thats certainly the end goal, but for now semi auto handguns are ok

i think if they went after them in the beginning then it wouldn’t make it through

Back
Top Bottom