• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The eagles

Im thinking of going to see the eagle live in concert in Atlanta and was wondering if anyone has seen them and how the show was? Is it worth getting floor seats or just get nose bleed seats? I’ve seen there shows/concert on tv (pbs) and they sound real good and was wondering if there shows are worth going to. Thanks

I’ve met Don and shook hands at a private fundraiser. He’s a liberal shithead and really is a pompous ass. I’ll never forgot that night and it changed my outlook on the band I grew up with.

A large group of friends went to a show years ago (Boston I think) and everyone of them said it was great. When I go to a concert I want the absolute best seats I can afford.

How many final good bye shows can a band have?

I've seen them twice in concert. Absolutely the best! Next time they're in Boston I will see them again. Joe Walsh is amazing. And Vince Gill replacing Glenn Frey, while sad, is an admirable choice.

You won't regret it. Especially when Joe Walsh cranks out "Rocky Mountain Way" ....

I’ve met Don and shook hands at a private fundraiser. He’s a liberal shithead and really is a pompous ass. I’ll never forgot that night and it changed my outlook on the band I grew up with.

A large group of friends went to a show years ago (Boston I think) and everyone of them said it was great. When I go to a concert I want the absolute best seats I can afford.

Agreed with getting the best tickets you can afford. I saw Elton John a few years back, and the seats were 8 rows from the stage. It was hands down the best concert i've ever attended.

I'm sure the show would have been fantastic even if i had "nosebleed seats", but the fact i was so close made it much better. I feel like if the artists on stage look like ants, and you need to watch the jumbo screen to make sense of what's on stage, there's not much difference than watching a live dvd at home.

My brother saw the Eagles in the 90's and said they were fantastic live. I'm not a big enough fan to spend the $ they charge for tickets.

I saw them on the Hell Freezes Over tour. I'm a huge fan of Joe Walsh, and I got my money's worth
yeah, me also. the first hell freezes over tour in the early 90's i believe, in denver??? memory is fuzzy on this one. all i remember is the gf wanted to see them, tickets were north of 200 bucks ea. for decent seats. i got my money's worth,also. very tight band, good musicians.

hasn't one of the members passed? so it's the band formally known as the eagles as far as i'm concerned.

yeah, me also. the first hell freezes over tour in the early 90's i believe, in denver??? memory is fuzzy on this one. all i remember is the gf wanted to see them, tickets were north of 200 bucks ea. for decent seats. i got my money's worth,also. very tight band, good musicians.

hasn't one of the members passed? so it's the band formally known as the eagles as far as i'm concerned.
My wife had gone to the same show that I did.. (Way before we married). She saw an article on TV about ticket prices, and Don Henley saying if you weren't satisfied with the show because of the ticket cost, he'd refund the cost. So my wife wrote him, and he sent back a check. I think she has a copy of it somewhere...

Me and my cousin actually went for free. His neighbor was the security manager for great woods and he hooked us up....

I saw them a few years ago at Mohegan Sun. Can't remember how much the tickets were, but it was a pretty good show. We hadn't planned on going, but were there and saw they were playing so went the day of the show and they had just released some tickets. Got 4th row, we were so close we could read the writing on their walkers LOL.

I've seen them twice in concert. Absolutely the best! Next time they're in Boston I will see them again. Joe Walsh is amazing. And Vince Gill replacing Glenn Frey, while sad, is an admirable choice.

You won't regret it. Especially when Joe Walsh cranks out "Rocky Mountain Way" ....
Saw them in Boston 10 years or so ago. They were great but Joe Walsh brought the crowd to their feet. He did all his all his own hits, all the way back to the James Gang. Great show

I have buddies who work for them....Henley is a legendary a**h*** and its well documented....I got stories I won't divulge on an open forum..two years ago I know my resume was in his hand as I made it to the final two to work for him and luckily I didn't get picked lol...Vince Gill is in the band now and is a sweetheart of a human.Glens son is in the band. they played a few months ago in Vegas at the Hotel I was at (MGM) and I got to check out a show...I talked with some people in line to pick up their tix and the one guy was tying to sell his floor seats and they had a face value of $1620.00 each.....F that noise...I see 99% of my concerts from behind the stage or side stage.....so if you go I hope its worth it.

On another note my friend started an Eagles tribute band called Dark Desert Eagles. He makes it a fun night and they actually sold out the Hampton Beach Ball room.....next show is in Natick in Feb and you can check out their website below...would be a helluva lot cheaper and you get your Eagles fix

Dark Desert Eagles | Ultimate Eagles Tribute |

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up getting floor seats for the tuesday show in Atlanta (they were cheaper than the friday And Saturday shows). I got 2 tickets from a ticket reseller online and paid $735 total for them, which I don’t think was bad considering the price on ticketmaster is $299 plus fees. They only had scattered single seats on the floor available unless I wanted to pony up $750+ per ticket (which I don’t). I’m looking forward to going and hoping it’s a great show.

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up getting floor seats for the tuesday show in Atlanta (they were cheaper than the friday And Saturday shows). I got 2 tickets from a ticket reseller online and paid $735 total for them, which I don’t think was bad considering the price on ticketmaster is $299 plus fees. They only had scattered single seats on the floor available unless I wanted to pony up $750+ per ticket (which I don’t). I’m looking forward to going and hoping it’s a great show.

Hope to hear your thoughts after the concert. Enjoy!

Saw them in Boston 10 years or so ago. They were great but Joe Walsh brought the crowd to their feet. He did all his all his own hits, all the way back to the James Gang. Great show
I was at that concert. Remember "Walk Away" and "Funk #49"?

Walsh has some hard miles on him, but boy can he play..

Same here, I am at the point if I cannot score front row or an aisle seat in the first 10 rows I just pass and wait for the next good concert.

As far as liberal shit heads are concerned it is really hard to get away from that if you are a music fan, unless you just want to listen to Ted Nugent.

There was an eagle on the ice at Winnecunnett (sp) this AM about 9:30. No smell of colitas. Or Colitis as my Mac wants me to type. LOL

Just saw them on their last trip through Boston. IMHO not worth the prices they charge for tickets, music was good but then again they put it through so many mixers even I’d sound good. So out of 10, 10 being the best Is give them a 5. It’s really just a money grab at this point

Back
Top Bottom