• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Boston Globe needs help with a story! Who can send some info?

It is disappointing that once again a Globe article leaves the reader with the impression that if you apply for a license to carry, that it is a given that you will be allowed to carry. No mention at all of the concept of arbitrary restrictions without appeal, and how it distorts the entire landscape of the right of self protection in our state.

It is disappointing that once again a Globe article leaves the reader with the impression that if you apply for a license to carry, that it is a given that you will be allowed to carry. No mention at all of the concept of arbitrary restrictions without appeal, and how it distorts the entire landscape of the right of self protection in our state.

Well there were several things wrong regarding the laws. Proof the media doesn't actually verify anything.

Well, the multiple reference to the Quincy shooting was a bit of a stretch. Every day this week more has been coming out that doesn't paint the firefighter in such an "innocent victim" light.

Those was just quotes buried in the article and not primary parts of the story.

He is at least not repeating the MA is so safe BS any longer. Baby steps.

Granted the restrictions and the arbitrary nature in which they're applied gets your goat, but think about the intended audience - Globe readers. I think what they'll take away from it is that more "regular folks" people like them have guns. They give good reasons for having them and they quote law and other officials several times stating that guns in the hands of licensed individuals are not the problem. For the Globe I'd say it's as good as it gets

Granted the restrictions and the arbitrary nature in which they're applied gets your goat, but think about the intended audience - Globe readers. I think what they'll take away from it is that more "regular folks" people like them have guns. They give good reasons for having them and they quote law and other officials several times stating that guns in the hands of licensed individuals are not the problem. For the Globe I'd say it's as good as it gets

Yes, that is true. I also like how one quote focused on illegal trafficing in guns. It seems too many people believe that all guns are bad. Even though my dad had guns and taught me about them, my mother acted like I was some lepper when I got my permit and started carrying.

Back
Top Bottom