The BEST Gun Shop Experience

The lady friend and I decided to take a little drive up to Easton to check out Zero Hour Arms because she's looking for a pocket gun for herself. Considering I want you all to read the more important part of the story I'll get to it. Zero Hour Arms gave my girlfriend and I the best gun shop experience we have ever had (and we've been to tons of shops). BJ (TypeO 1313) only showed Shell (My girlfriend) what she wanted and truly showed interest in what she needed. He talked to her for well over an hour as I was able to walk around and check out the great selection they had. I was asked if there were any kick ass guns I wanted to check out and pick up. Mark was working there and he was a hell of a guy to just sit down and shoot the shit with. It was like dying and going to gun heaven. Beautiful guns, a beautiful lady, and guys who knew guns and didn't gawk at your beautiful lady. They made her feel like one of the guys and it was great. If any of you are considering taking a girlfriend/wife to a shop... this is THE ONE. Thanks BJ and Mark for all of your help and hospitality. You will be seeing much more of us.

P.S. BJ even convinced Shell to set up a NES account so you all will be meeting her soon in one form or another. If any of you go there and don't feel like it is a top notch shop I'll wash your car and dog for a year. Don't beleive me? Try me....

Last edited:
Ma**h***, I don't like to speak evil about the guys at Zero Hour, but I do have a dirty car and a smelly Golden Retriever that need work.

Can I lie a bit and say they aren't great!!???

I have a muddy Jeep and a muddy Newf/Golden mix, so ... I'll have to go by next time I'm out that way. [grin]

In all seriousness, good to know, thanks for the review.

I took an hour drive out there myself. We walked out of there agreeing that the drive was very much worth it. Mark has some serious pull getting his hands on ARs. If I can guesstimate how many they had I'd say the number would be... close to 10. If you're having a hard time finding ammo, magazines... you will find it there. I left my cell phone and navigation system out in the open of my car (which I never do and I consider a mortal sin) and no one drove buy. It's private and in a great area.

but I do have a dirty car and a smelly Golden Retriever that need work.

I have a muddy Jeep and a muddy Newf/Golden mix, so ... I'll have to go by next time I'm out that way. [grin]
I don't know about the dog issue, but the muddy vehicles could be blamed on that road outside... I was appreciating the fact that it was cold and I left the stang in the garage when I got there... [laugh]

Great experience there too... Helpful, funny, patient... Can't complain about the AR selection either (ok, my wallet can complain, but that's the free market showing it has "stick" and "carrot", no complaints about their prices relative to anyone else).

Worth the long drive for me too, I suspect I will make it again at some point...

I am the above mentioned "lady friend", (thanks babe), of the Ma**h***. I was indeed swayed to set up an account and my Ma**h*** couldn't have been more right. BJ spoke to me as an equal... he was showing me around the shop he never once spoke down to me or tried selling something I didn’t want. Being a girl and a fairly new gun owner sometimes when walking into a shop it can be very intimidating… I sometimes have to deal with some pretty arrogant employees...not the case with Zero Hour Arms. It was a really comfortable atmosphere and I will most certainly be taking the drive out there again... Thanks to BJ & Mark. Although, maybe this time we will bring the Dakota and not the Charger...it's a bit like off roadin’.

Thanks for posting this. My GF is just getting started in shooting and has signed up for the women's event in Mattapoisett. I know that she'll want to go shopping afterwards, and now I know where we should go.

I am the above mentioned "lady friend", (thanks babe), of the Ma**h***. I was indeed swayed to set up an account and my Ma**h*** couldn't have been more right. BJ spoke to me as an equal... he was showing me around the shop he never once spoke down to me or tried selling something I didn’t want. Being a girl and a fairly new gun owner sometimes when walking into a shop it can be very intimidating… I sometimes have to deal with some pretty arrogant employees...not the case with Zero Hour Arms. It was a really comfortable atmosphere and I will most certainly be taking the drive out there again... Thanks to BJ & Mark. Although, maybe this time we will bring the Dakota and not the Charger...it's a bit like off roadin’.

ZH is, indeed, a very, very good shop with some great guys. I've shopped there several times and have met them at some member shoots. Friendly regular guys. The shop's got great selections if you're into military style/milsurp guns as well - the best place in the area to get the cool esoteric toys.

Another great shop for female shooters is First Defense in Uxbridge. Run by a husband/wife team. They don't do milsurp like ZH but do carry some decent tacticool AR accessories and have a nice selection of 'regular' guns too. Lots of accessories like holsters, belts, bags etc. These 2 shops are where I do 90% of my shopping.

yeah, My BMW is lowered .75 inches all around and it is damned dicey getting to the shop. I have to go to the next light, and go around the back way, lol.

I love going up to ZHA every now and then. Unfortunately, I don't often get the cash to buy anything significant. I did pick up a fairly good, mount-able safety box for a handgun awhile though.

I would bring my wife there, but I need to sleep at night. Changing the combination on the safe every single night is the only way I can be sure. If she knew where ZH was, I would have to sleep at a hotel...[rofl]

Zero Hour is a pretty cool place. The weapons they have are stuff no one else has. I found them to be pretty informative when I was there and you can see and handle the AR's to see if they fit you and you can ask all the questions you want. I will go there again soon. My Stag upper from the Legal Transfers group buy showed up this week. I need some stuff before I put it all together.

P.S. BJ even convinced Shell to set up a NES account so you all will be meeting her soon in one form or another.

Having my girlfriend on this forum would be the end of my life.
I'm glad some of you have that type of relationship. Oh god I can only imagine how bad it would be.

I'm glad some of you have that type of relationship. Oh god I can only imagine how bad it would be.

What if she saw that picture laden thread you started last week that only lasted 5 minutes before it was deleted! [rofl]

What if she saw that picture laden thread you started last week that only lasted 5 minutes before it was deleted! [rofl]

In retrospect I should not have posted that thread.
That was a thread I started years ago in a car forum and I decided to bring it back for some reason.

And yeah, she probably would not like that :)

[laugh2]
I dunno if my Ma**h*** is doing back flips over me coming on board but we have a pretty chill relationship, we are going for our hunting license starting Monday. Look on the brightside Underwhere...doesn't the saying go, "opposites attract"?!? Sounds like you've got it right!

[laugh2]
I dunno if my Ma**h*** is doing back flips over me coming on board but we have a pretty chill relationship, we are going for our hunting license starting Monday. Look on the brightside Underwhere...doesn't the saying go, "opposites attract"?!? Sounds like you've got it right!

We'll see about that. If she ever comes on these boards though I have to make a plea to the moderators to delete everything I've ever written :)

Back
Top Bottom