The benefits of a CCW Badge

Could showing a CCW badge be used against you as "posing to be an officer"? And I am not talking about flashing it and trying to pull people over, but just showing the badge at all.

Could showing a CCW badge be used against you as "posing to be an officer"? And I am not talking about flashing it and trying to pull people over, but just showing the badge at all.

That whole story is a parody!!

In MA flash a CCW badge and you are very likely to be explaining to a judge why you shouldn't be convicted of "impersonating a police officer". I think it is a Felony here.

HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED! Don't even think about buying one, as you can get into a ton of trouble. Better to CCW and keep it concealed.

On another (LE) forum I read of some clown flashing his "Geek Squad" badge when stopped for speeding. Didn't cut the mustard on the ticket! This was not in MA.

Dennis, regrettably I've seen this discussed very seriously in numerous forums, numerous times. There seem to be many that feel that the CCW badge will help keep the sheeple from panicking and even some that think a real LEO will feel "relieved" seeing the badge (not bloody likely)!

Dennis, regrettably I've seen this discussed very seriously in numerous forums, numerous times. There seem to be many that feel that the CCW badge will help keep the sheeple from panicking and even some that think a real LEO will feel "relieved" seeing the badge (not bloody likely)!

I know, Len, I've read many postings about the subject. BAD idea is what 99% think, and so do I.

I thought this was so over the top that it would be an interesting comic relief !

I agree it was funny. I just wanted to make it clear that humor aside, nobody should do this . . . you'd be surprised at what some assume to be OK.

I think I would have started laughing if someone showed me one of those. Badges were always available for almost every hobby out there. We had some of the civilian ham raio people buy badges with "Radio Operator". of something to that effect and start parading around. We always prefered official id cards for our people with photos.

This is bad:
CCWBadge.jpg

But these are downright pathetic (and possibly a felony):
MarSnipeID.jpg

ARsnipeID.jpg

[thinking] [rolleyes]

A former boss, who was an Asst. DA in NY, gave me a mini badge to use if I got stopped in NY. It was nicely made and a copy of his original. I never used it but anyone can get a badge from anyone free or at low cost. It's a bad idea.

Just check out DOG the bounty hunter. Sport the latest in tactical gear purchased at the local Army Navy store and whip out the official bailbonds man badge. If all else fails use the 30oz cannister of pepper spray strapped to your thigh.

Just check out DOG the bounty hunter. Sport the latest in tactical gear purchased at the local Army Navy store and whip out the official bailbonds man badge. If all else fails use the 30oz cannister of pepper spray strapped to your thigh.

"You're going down Brah!"

Hey DOG, the 1980's called and they want your head back.

This type of badge will do nothing but get you in trouble. You'd be much better served by being a reserve deputy sherrif for one of the Mass Sherrif Departments. They issue badges and Id cards that seem to be more legit.

a guy that works for the same security company as i do,went an bought one of those security guard badges(looks close to the CCW badge)and he carrys it around with him in one of those bi-fold badge holders that looks or acts as a wallet (even when he's not working...)

i came sraight out an called him a mall ninja,and he had no idea what the term meant...(it was kinda funny)

We all know the guy who bought the CCW badge. [laugh] He's the one that wears the tactical thigh holster, fingerless gloves and body armor at the plinking range...

Back
Top Bottom