The attitude we are up against

Gun-owner friends in Los Angeles chuckled about guys like this one who were pounding on their door trying to beg, borrow or buy a gun when the mobs were moving their way during the Rodney King riots. Their previous conversations on the subject had sounded like this clown's remarks.

tumblr_m1tma2pm561r60wo8.gif

As he has nothing to fear and the police are at the ready, He should publish his name and address, and the fact that he doesn't believe in private firearm ownership. I'm sure some local boys from Lawrence will show him the error of his ways

He should be preaching his BS to the husband/father from the deadly home invasion in Cheshire, Ct. and the husband/father from the deadly home invasion in Mont Vernon, NH. See how that works out for him. [hmmm]

...oh yea, he should also run it by the woman who had to shoot her estranged husband down on Martha's Vineyard a couple of weeks ago.

To paraphrase Rorschach...
"You don't understand, we are not up against his attitude... He is up against ours..."

[laugh]

Ignore the scared little man in his mom's basement.

Moonbat said:
Here we go......people who own guns are usually unfit to carry. If you own a gun especially a handgun, you are an insecure and very irrational, and therefore you are unfit to carry. I am tired of you rightwinged lunitics that state "I have it for protection". You are going to shoot the mailman thinking he is invading on your property. It makes me sick to my stomach, that basically any animal can get their hands on a gun in NH. Things have got to change. This is like the wild wild west. lets give this state an update, its not the 1800's anymore, the second amendment has been outdated since the 1960's people! If you have a firearm, bring it down to the police station and turn it in. The only people who should have guns are law enforcement, not you. if someone is really breaking into your house at night, call the police and let them handle it. If you want to give an excuse like you have no time to call the cops, then find a safe place in your house and wait for them to arrive. If you own a firearm you are probably unfit to carry.

I think the psychological background of such point of view is simple to explain. The author of these words feels he/she is unfit to carry, and then rationalizes his/her pussiness by convincing him/herself that everyone is unfit to carry.

Liberals only believe in the freedom to: smoke pot, go gay and get married and have an abortion. Every other fact of life is to be regulated by da gubmint.

He's too much of a pussy to kick in my door and confiscate my firearms, so he has the government do it for him because he is scared eeew guns.

Last edited:
Here we go......people who own guns are usually unfit to carry. If you own a gun especially a handgun, you are an insecure and very irrational, and therefore you are unfit to carry. I am tired of you rightwinged lunitics that state "I have it for protection". You are going to shoot the mailman thinking he is invading on your property. It makes me sick to my stomach, that basically any animal can get their hands on a gun in NH. Things have got to change. This is like the wild wild west. lets give this state an update, its not the 1800's anymore, the second amendment has been outdated since the 1960's people! If you have a firearm, bring it down to the police station and turn it in. The only people who should have guns are law enforcement, not you. if someone is really breaking into your house at night, call the police and let them handle it. If you want to give an excuse like you have no time to call the cops, then find a safe place in your house and wait for them to arrive. If you own a firearm you are probably unfit to carry.

Do not bother yourself with this person. They will sell any around them only to delay their own slaughter. They are cowards. They are insignificant and have never stood for anything in their lives. Never. Their words hurt only if you let them. They will be the first slaughtered by their beloved government (the sheep always go first). They don't seek self sufficiency they seek dependency. They are willing slaves. Nothing you do will ever change that. They will be what you eat when the food supply runs short. I hear they taste like chicken.

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of calls to ignore people like this, however we all need to keep in mind that people like this are so passionate about their opposition to guns and the need to change "easy access" to firearms, that they put pressure on elected officials to support increased restrictions on firearms availability and oppose increases in personal freedom. Whether we like it or not, this IS what we're up against and we need to:

1) Make sure people like this are in the extreme minority
2) Make sure we can reach those are are on the fence or oppose increases in firearms and personal liberty due to ignorance of the issues / threats / consequences
3) Make sure we make honest attempts to help these people see the error of their way
4) Make sure each and every one of us can serve as an example of a responsible gun owner and constitutional defender, quelling such fears by demonstrating that the majority to not fit this minority's mold.

Each and every one of us serves as the face of the gun owning community everyday, and we need to keep in mind that people with belief's like this are trying to spread that beliefe to the uninformed and misinformed who don't have strong convictions for or against us.

Unfortunately, we are up against more than just your average 'joe' with a delusional perspective of our Constitutional rights. In my opinion, such a textbook example may not even be a 'genuine' person- but, rather, part of a much larger effort to influence public opinion at a greater level by our government and the private agencies they pay to do their bidding. Let's be honest, that comment went beyond the average uninformed gun-scared citizen, there were conditioning elements involved (i.e. guns no longer needed since the 1960's).

The US Government is actively involved in contracting private companies to log into forums, websites, and social networking sites to do nothing all day but spout disinfo, misinfo, and effectively steer whole topics, discussions, and comment sections in a desired direction, as if people weren't already dumbed down enough. This sounds certifiably crazy, except for the fact that it's very real: link, link. What really bothers me is that I've been seeing this far too often, and I think we would all be pretty well amazed if we understood the full extent of how many sites have been, and still are being, effectively infiltrated and subverted.

I only say this because we are not just witnessing blatant ignorance anymore, instead, there appear to be far more deliberate attempts actively made by our government and contracted agencies to manipulate and direct public thought in ways which truly do not serve the best interests of it's people. Of course, it's always sold to the American public as if it's in our best interests, but I think we fully understand how this game works by now.

I hope they remember every word of that someday as their life oozes out of them on their own kitchen floor with a 12 inch knife stuck in their chest.

People who think like that cannot become a victim fast enough for me.

I think the psychological background of such point of view is simple to explain. The author of these words feels he/she is unfit to carry, and then rationalizes his/her pussiness by convincing him/herself that everyone is unfit to carry.

Projection, I believe that is called in psychological circles.......

Does anyone else think the person who made the original statement is an older woman, with a "smart" hair-do and drives a Prius? Like Marsha or Lizzie Warren?

Do not bother yourself with this person. They will sell any around them only to delay their own slaughter. They are cowards. They are insignificant and have never stood for anything in their lives. Never. Their words hurt only if you let them. They will be the first slaughtered by their beloved government (the sheep always go first). They don't seek self sufficiency they seek dependency. They are willing slaves. Nothing you do will ever change that. They will be what you eat when the food supply runs short. I hear they taste like chicken.

Very well said!

I know there are a lot of calls to ignore people like this, however we all need to keep in mind that people like this are so passionate about their opposition to guns and the need to change "easy access" to firearms, that they put pressure on elected officials to support increased restrictions on firearms availability and oppose increases in personal freedom. Whether we like it or not, this IS what we're up against and we need to:

1) Make sure people like this are in the extreme minority
2) Make sure we can reach those are are on the fence or oppose increases in firearms and personal liberty due to ignorance of the issues / threats / consequences
3) Make sure we make honest attempts to help these people see the error of their way
4) Make sure each and every one of us can serve as an example of a responsible gun owner and constitutional defender, quelling such fears by demonstrating that the majority to not fit this minority's mold.

Each and every one of us serves as the face of the gun owning community everyday, and we need to keep in mind that people with belief's like this are trying to spread that beliefe to the uninformed and misinformed who don't have strong convictions for or against us.

THIS.

<i>Does anyone else think the person who made the original statement is an older woman, with a "smart" hair-do and drives a Prius? Like Marsha or Lizzie Warren?</i>

No. Delusional, sure. Ignorant of the world we really live in? Absolutely. But the sooner you lose the broad generalizations, the easier it is to explain your way of thinking.

No. Delusional, sure. Ignorant of the world we really live in? Absolutely. But the sooner you lose the broad generalizations, the easier it is to explain your way of thinking.

Honestly, I'm not convinced that the issue for a lot of these people is fear but control. Not "I don't want you to have guns" control per se, but a "crime can be controlled if only we control the mechanical means to cause crime". We tend to discount this argument, since people have been committing crime since we had the sharp pointy stick (and likely before), so any talk about removing the means isn't likely to help. But I believe for a substantial number of people believing that gun control would work if just "done right" allows them to avoid dealing with the reality that there's some base level of crime that will never go away, and is just due to human nature.

I hope they remember every word of that someday as their life oozes out of them on their own kitchen floor with a 12 inch knife stuck in their chest.

This is the most unfortunate fact of all this. Should one of these moonbats find themselves in a SHTF situation, they WILL convert to our side, at least for the brief moment of life they have left. Too late!

This is the most unfortunate fact of all this. Should one of these moonbats find themselves in a SHTF situation, they WILL convert to our side, at least for the brief moment of life they have left. Too late!
Sadly, they don't. They blame the cops and response times, raise your taxes and hire more cops who won't be there in time. They try to make guns even harder to legally obtain, as if that will impair criminals and believe that neighborhood watch groups, armed with PT belts and flashlights will keep them safe. Or they are loaded and hire rough guys with shiny polished sidearms and earpieces to keep them safe. At no point do they ever realize that an armed society is a polite one.

Oh jackwagons like this are the ones with some insecurity. This type of anti gun person thinks gun owners are unfit because they themselves think they are unfit to have a firearm. They think this way because they have irrational thoughts on what they would do if they had a firearm. They think firearms are evil because they imagine themselves and others doing only bad things with them. The irony is legal gun owners realize your imagination is separate from real life. Everyone has a crazy though once in a while and we would never in a million years act on it.

What ever happened to people minding their own business? That's the sad part about the internet, it makes it to easy for people spew their jibba jabba without ever having to show who they are.

Honestly, I'm not convinced that the issue for a lot of these people is fear but control. Not "I don't want you to have guns" control per se, but a "crime can be controlled if only we control the mechanical means to cause crime". We tend to discount this argument, since people have been committing crime since we had the sharp pointy stick (and likely before), so any talk about removing the means isn't likely to help. But I believe for a substantial number of people believing that gun control would work if just "done right" allows them to avoid dealing with the reality that there's some base level of crime that will never go away, and is just due to human nature.

I agree, and would add that we're most likely talking about someone who themselves have never been a victim of a crime, violent or otherwise. Until that day comes (and I hope it never does), all the talking points in the world won't make your case. You can't argue with an abolitionist. The broad generalizations I was referring to were the comments like this:

Liberals only believe in the freedom to: smoke pot, go gay and get married and have an abortion. Every other fact of life is to be regulated by da gubmint.

And this:

...that give them all the ammunition they need.

There is no reasoning with anti-gun people. You have as much chance of winning the argument as they do of changing your opinion of the second ammendment. These discussions ALWAYS end with 2 people walking away from each other thinking "what an a**h***."

The only way that attitudes about guns can be changed in the long term is to get people when they are young. Teach your children, and your friend's children about freedom and the evils of government. Only then do we have a chance.

There is no reasoning with anti-gun people. You have as much chance of winning the argument as they do of changing your opinion of the second ammendment. These discussions ALWAYS end with 2 people walking away from each other thinking "what an a**h***."

The only way that attitudes about guns can be changed in the long term is to get people when they are young. Teach your children, and your friend's children about freedom and the evils of government. Only then do we have a chance.
Though I agree with the "sentiment," you will find you are wrong on all accounts...

1. 2A is and will always be very fragile, there are always 2 of 3 groups working against it: government and the sheeple/antis
- It is frankly "offensive" to both those groups that "we the people" would need to be armed to protect ourselves against them. That's the way it is supposed to be. Peace through superior fire power. As such, they are always looking for ways to curtail 2A.
- This is why the NRA went down the ridiculous road of "sportsmen and hunters" as a means of soft-peddling this harsh but essential truth. Fail on their part... Read history. Understand it is ugly. Learn from it so as not to repeat its mistakes.

2. You will find that even people you thought were hopeless are often easily converted with some exposure of two forms:
- Meeting a gun owner who is courteous, calm, cool collected who can explain it to them without yelling at them (deservedly, but not productive) and/or finding out someone they already know and trust is "one of them."
- Firing a gun for themselves. Yes, some will ball up and cry as they "think about all the children killed each time they hear a bang," but then there is everyone else who will realize its nothing like they expected and observe the similarities to other gardening tools for themselves.

It is frustrating, infuriating, etc... but more often than not you can shake an anti to their core and make them re-think their entire world with a few hours of patient conversation. It is sad that such a thing is required, but here we are...

Last edited:
How is that going to work? Progressives have been very successful in taking over the education apparatus, since the days of John Dewey. You won't find a more left-wing mindset than in academia and the teaching profession.

Back
Top Bottom