The attitude we are up against

basscatfrank

NES Member
In a thread I started earlier regarding a NH COP who unlawfully delayed a Pistol/Revolver License, someone linked a story from the Eagle Tribune. Some of the readers comments on the Trib article were particularly strident, enough so that it caused me to comment on them myself. I was going to post these remarks on that thread but I did not want the conversation to go off on a tangent.

I have read the occasional post here regaling us with the small victories achieved when one of us takes a non-shooter to a range or has a deeply philosophical discussion with an anti that causes them to re-think their position. Let's face it, these situations are few and far between. Most antis are so entrenched in Brady Bunch dogma that critical thinking will never be their friend. Nevermind the fact that on our side is the Constitution, history, and common sense. An anti will downplay the Second Amendment as an outdated relic penned by old white men two centuries ago. They poo-poo the writings of those same men as being irelevant and they will completely deny any statistic that proves that the areas with the most restrictive gun laws are the ones rife with crime.

Here then is what I believe to be the prevailing attitude of your common moonbat, libtard, pseudo-intellectual, a description that unfortunately covers too many for my liking.

Here we go......people who own guns are usually unfit to carry. If you own a gun especially a handgun, you are an insecure and very irrational, and therefore you are unfit to carry. I am tired of you rightwinged lunitics that state "I have it for protection". You are going to shoot the mailman thinking he is invading on your property. It makes me sick to my stomach, that basically any animal can get their hands on a gun in NH. Things have got to change. This is like the wild wild west. lets give this state an update, its not the 1800's anymore, the second amendment has been outdated since the 1960's people! If you have a firearm, bring it down to the police station and turn it in. The only people who should have guns are law enforcement, not you. if someone is really breaking into your house at night, call the police and let them handle it. If you want to give an excuse like you have no time to call the cops, then find a safe place in your house and wait for them to arrive. If you own a firearm you are probably unfit to carry.

Can you help me out? I threw out the bathwater earlier, and for the life of me I can't find the baby now.

ETA - I wonder @ the profession of the commenter that was quoted.

You mean I should stop shooting at cars that slow down in front of my house? I find it hard to believe that is why I have a different mailman every week or so.

[rofl]

I hear this shit from gun owners too. I was at a range safety briefing not long ago. The range safety officer is a NRA instructor, accomplished rifle marksman, trap shooter, and long time hunter. He told the group that it was illegal to carry a loaded magazine in the car (not true) because the gun owner could get into a road rage situation, slap the mag into the gun and shoot someone.

And that's "friendly fire" from someone who makes their living facilitating target shooting activities.

Tell them to read Dial 911 and Die and also let them view the video posted on here from the LEO that defends the right to carry.

It's obviously someone who doesn't have a family to protect. Or pride. To think that it is acceptable to this person to hide in their own house while someone goes rummaging through their things is mind boggling.

That quote in the OP is amazing. While it would be miserable for most of us, serious social unrest or the government loading people onto boxcars -- both far from impossible -- would have the tiny upside that people like that would get what they deserve. Not because they don't want to own a gun, but because they so strongly believe we shouldn't be allowed to own them ourselves.

This is like the wild wild west. lets give this state an update, its not the 1800's anymore, the second amendment has been outdated since the 1960's

What happened in the 1960's? Did all crime end? Where all criminals jailed or eliminated? All of these reports on the news about armed robberies and rapes and criminal activites must be a Hollywood movie?

What a frackin' moron this guy is.

What happened in the 1960's? Did all crime end? Where all criminals jailed or eliminated? All of these reports on the news about armed robberies and rapes and criminal activites must be a Hollywood movie?

What a frackin' moron this guy is.

I'm guessing the moron was born in the 60s and just concluded that the world should change to accommodate his glorious presence. That, or flower child -- one or the other.

I'm guessing the moron was born in the 60s and just concluded that the world should change to accommodate his glorious presence. That, or flower child -- one or the other.

Probably. Fits the mold of a looney lefty.

If he doesn't like NH gun laws, he should move to Chicago or DC.

"if someone is really breaking into your house at night, call the police and let them handle it."

It's not a cat in a tree, it is a home invasion. Does he expect to finish cooking dinner, or that TV program while the cops "handle it"? [rolleyes]

I will continue to be responsible for my own safety.
People like that can continue to live with their heads in the clouds. Live your life the way you want and I'll live mine.
I would not even bother to argue with someone so removed from reality.
I wouldn't wish it upon anyone but if the night ever came where that person's home were broken into and their loved ones were raped and murdered, what do you think would be the last thought to enter their mind before being killed? "I wish the cops had gotten here sooner."
I don't think so.
They of course would retort with some explanation of how I'm paranoid and that I'm the direct cause of violence in this country because I own and carry firearms. By that rationale people who own fire extinguishers are the direct cause of house fires and those who wear seatbelts are the direct cause of car accidents. (The Rosie O'donnell/ fork thing is too played out for me)

Go on believing what you want and I won't bother you one bit about it. Have a nice life and I hope I don't read about you in the paper tomorrow.

The problem is, these kinds of people end up in local and state politics (usually cause they aren't working for a living) and F**K it up royally for the rest of us poor schlubs who are working our asses off to make ends meet and can't take the time to get paid $100 annually for a NH Rep position. Unless something cataclysmic happens soon, I predict NH will be just like Mass is now in about 20 years or less.

Back
Top Bottom