The arsenal is unveiled...

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hey everyone,

Finally got around to taking pics of the toys, so here they are in all their glory!

First, them there pistolas:

Correctedpistols.jpg

Clockwise starting at 12:00:

1. Smith and Wesson 686 7-shot in good 'ol .357 Magnum (and .38 special for you low recoil
peeps)

2. Glock 17 with Hogue slip on grip and a slew of older-than-dirt preban 17 rounders (Still my favorite semi-auto pistol of the bunch)

3. (Middle) Ruger Mark III 22/45 Hunter with Hogue slip on grip and fiber optic sight. A gun far more accurate than I am, and cool looking to boot. [grin]

4. The Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan, chambered in the gentle, low impact, .454 Casull round. Great for putting down, well... Everything.

5. Walther PPK (Interarms version) with Hogue slip on grip and pinky rest for magazine. A good little shooter bought from Dwarven1 just recently (A fine fellow I must say [smile] )

There's also a Para-Ordnance Warthog that is out sick at the moment, but will be back for our next feature: The Arsenal grows (Coming soon to a message board near you!)

On to the big boys:

Correctedshotguns.jpg

From bottom to top:

1. Mossberg 500 with everything but the kitchen sink bolted on to it. Fires 12 gauge rounds with great fanfare. Leaves a sizeable bruise on my right arm/shoulder area. Hits like a cross between Mike Tyson on PCP and a Fruehauf log truck with Mario Andretti driving. Has a barrel heat shield, M4 style collapsible stock, picatinny rail system and a incorrectable bad attitude.

2. Remington 11-87 autoloader 12 gauge. The saying "This aint your daddy's shotgun" does not apply here, as it WAS my Dad's shotgun, and he gave it to me to carry on the skeet shooting for another generation. As an aside, I am absolutely atrocious at skeet shooting.

3. THIS is not your daddy's shotgun. Franchi SPAS-12 selectable auto/manual 12 gauge shotgun. Weighs approximately 684 pounds (unloaded) and requires a dual Phd in quantum physics and hydraulic basket weaving to operate. Felt recoil make the Mossberg listed above feel like a hug from your grandma. Utterly preposterous, extremely heavy, overly expensive, difficult to operate and largely impractical in almost every respect. Wouldn't trade it for the world. [devil2]

Oh yeah, here's a stellar picture of me with the SPAS unfolded for dramatic effect:

SPAS12onehanded.jpg

Like anyone in their right mind is gonna try to fire that thing one handed... [rofl]

Onwards:

AWanyone.jpg

Evil black rifles anyone?

Top to bottom:

1. Calico M-900 pre-ban 9mm assault carbine with collapsible stock, and ultra rare factory flash supressor and scope mount. Tru-glo red dot and BSA laser mounted for additional "Holy crap, what the hell is that thing?!?!?" effect at the range. 50 round drum mag that is quite cooler than just about anything, replete with equally rare speedloader which works fairly poorly, but I'm a sucker for accessories. Jams from time to time, and makes a satisfying "brap" noise when firing a round. Overall, one of my favorites.

2. Colt HBAR Sporter pre-ban, chambered in .223 with 4x Eagle scope with illuminated reticle, and Hogue grip, butt pad and cheek piece. Original aluminum-coated 3 position stock. This thing was worth every penny. Another gun that's a lot more accurate then I am. [grin]

3. Ruger 10/22 pre-ban. Another kitchen sink special with a Ram-Line folding stock, cheapie Tasco scope, Christie's extended mag release cocking handle and auto bolt release, and slip on flash supressor (simply because I could). Puts little bitty holes in stuff quite well. Goes "snap". Makes me smile.

Last but not least (for now):

SKScorrected.jpg

Yugo SKS, imported by Cherry's of SC. Nice clean furniture and solid accurate shooting. Purchased unissued/unfired, and I'm still digging the cosmoline out from under my fingernails 4 months later [grin]

Thanks for looking everyone, and I'd welcome your comments!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Finally got around to taking pics of the toys, so here they are in all their glory!

First, them there pistolas:

Clockwise starting at 12:00:

1. Smith and Wesson 686 7-shot in good 'ol .357 Magnum (and .38 special for you low recoil
peeps)

2. Glock 17 with Hogue slip on grip and a slew of older-than-dirt preban 17 rounders (Still my favorite semi-auto pistol of the bunch)

3. (Middle) Ruger Mark III 22/45 Hunter with Hogue slip on grip and fiber optic sight. A gun far more accurate than I am, and cool looking to boot. [grin]

4. The Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan, chambered in the gentle, low impact, .454 Casull round. Great for putting down, well... Everything.

5. Walther PPK (Interarms version) with Hogue slip on grip and pinky rest for magazine. A good little shooter bought from Dwarven1 just recently (A fine fellow I must say [smile] )

There's also a Para-Ordnance Warthog that is out sick at the moment, but will be back for our next feature: The Arsenal grows (Coming soon to a message board near you!)

On to the big boys:

From bottom to top:

1. Mossberg 500 with everything but the kitchen sink bolted on to it. Fires 12 gauge rounds with great fanfare. Leaves a sizeable bruise on my right arm/shoulder area. Hits like a cross between Mike Tyson on PCP and a Fruehauf log truck with Mario Andretti driving. Has a barrel heat shield, M4 style collapsible stock, picatinny rail system and a incorrectable bad attitude.

2. Remington 11-87 autoloader 12 gauge. The saying "This aint your daddy's shotgun" does not apply here, as it WAS my Dad's shotgun, and he gave it to me to carry on the skeet shooting for another generation. As an aside, I am absolutely atrocious at skeet shooting.

3. THIS is not your daddy's shotgun. Franchi SPAS-12 selectable auto/manual 12 gauge shotgun. Weighs approximately 684 pounds (unloaded) and requires a dual Phd in quantum physics and hydraulic basket weaving to operate. Felt recoil make the Mossberg listed above feel like a hug from your grandma. Utterly preposterous, extremely heavy, overly expensive, difficult to operate and largely impractical in almost every respect. Wouldn't trade it for the world. [devil2]

Oh yeah, here's a stellar picture of me with the SPAS unfolded for dramatic effect:

Like anyone in their right mind is gonna try to fire that thing one handed... [rofl]

Onwards:

Evil black rifles anyone?

Top to bottom:

1. Calico M-900 pre-ban 9mm assault carbine with collapsible stock, and ultra rare factory flash supressor and scope mount. Tru-glo red dot and BSA laser mounted for additional "Holy crap, what the hell is that thing?!?!?" effect at the range. 50 round drum mag that is quite cooler than just about anything, replete with equally rare speedloader which works fairly poorly, but I'm a sucker for accessories. Jams from time to time, and makes a satisfying "brap" noise when firing a round. Overall, one of my favorites.

2. Colt HBAR Sporter pre-ban, chambered in .223 with 4x Eagle scope with illuminated reticle, and Hogue grip, butt pad and cheek piece. Original aluminum-coated 3 position stock. This thing was worth every penny. Another gun that's a lot more accurate then I am. [grin]

3. Ruger 10/22 pre-ban. Another kitchen sink special with a Ram-Line folding stock, cheapie Tasco scope, Christie's extended mag release cocking handle and auto bolt release, and slip on flash supressor (simply because I could). Puts little bitty holes in stuff quite well. Goes "snap". Makes me smile.

Last but not least (for now):

Yugo SKS, imported by Cherry's of SC. Nice clean furniture and solid accurate shooting. Purchased unissued/unfired, and I'm still digging the cosmoline out from under my fingernails 4 months later [grin]

Thanks for looking everyone, and I'd welcome your comments!

I feel so inadequate and lacking in toys![smile]

TBP

AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLRRRRRIIIIGGGGHHHTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I like! [smile] [smile] [smile]

It's about time someone gave my Ahh-nuld like physique the props it deserves! [rolleyes] [smile]

I'm showing everyone that pic!

Good stuff...

All those gizmos and accessories on the black rifles and to think at first you wanted me to dissassemble and clean your SKS for you.[wink]
Nice collection.

When you're right, you're right...

Milsurps,

You (and others) were right: Just get in there, take your time, and do it! I've learned more about guns and gunsmithing (simple stuff) in the past 3-4 months then I ever thought possible!

Thanks to you and the others for the words of encouragement! [smile]

i had the chance to fire a spas-12 in like april or may and i loved the thing. theres only one problem with it, it costs way too much for me to ever own. my shotgun craving will be solved soon though, my 870 should be coming in either tomorrow or thursday.

Back
Top Bottom