• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The 610 is back! Whoo Hoo!

OOOOhhhhhh I likey likey ... that is a beauty of smith.

Get one for the Pumpkin shoot Eddie -- do it do it :)

I already have one

"what was that?"
"He says he's got one."
"He's got one?"
"Yesses, its-a very nice-a"
("I told them we've got one")
("snicker")
"Well, can we see it?"
"NO"
"Oh Why not?"
"Because you are-a English type kniggits. Your momma was a hampster and your father smelled of ederberries."

"what was that?"
"He says he's got one."
"He's got one?"
"Yesses, its-a very nice-a"
("I told them we've got one")
("snicker")
"Well, can we see it?"
"NO"
"Oh Why not?"
"Because you are-a English type kniggits. Your momma was a hampster and your father smelled of ederberries."

lol Classic

I need to get my finances together and get myself one.

Any chance its making its way to the Pumpkin Massacre

Meh. I'd take a 625 over a 610. The shorter, fatter .45 ACP rounds are easier to load quickly than the longer, skinnier 10mm rounds.

Meh. I'd take a 625 over a 610. The shorter, fatter .45 ACP rounds are easier to load quickly than the longer, skinnier 10mm rounds.
I'll see you one and raise you one. Make my N frame a 629 Mountain Gun.

44 Special for when someone needs killing and 44 Magnum when something needs killing. In a pinch, 44 Mag will do for both.

I've got one of those too. I notice little difference in ease of loading. In addition, the 610 can also shoot .40 S&W.

In addition, the 610 can also shoot .40 S&W.
I know. So?

I've got a bunch of .40s, but it is just not a favorite caliber of mine. The principal advantage of the .40 caliber, IMNSHO, is that its smaller diameter allows for more mag capacity than a .45 ACP in a semi-auto. But when you are talking a 6-shot N-frame, why shoot .40 when you could be shooting .45?

I like revolvers with moon-clips. But I'll keep my pre-lock 625. YMMV.

But when you are talking a 6-shot N-frame, why shoot .40 when you could be shooting .45?

I like revolvers with moon-clips. But I'll keep my pre-lock 625. YMMV.

Yup. It's a nice gun. I'll keep mine too. But why shoot the .45 when you can shoot a 10mm?

The 10mm (especially in a revolver) is a handloaders dream. I can load it anywhere from really light (800 fps) loads with 135gr bullets (my daughter likes these) all the way up to to 200grs at mid-high .41 Mag levels.

With the revolver you can mess with cartridge OAL (you can load them long) and take advantage of that extra case capacity. There are few cartridges that are as versatile.

Just for the record, I'm not a .40 fan. I don't even own a .40 (unless you count the 610).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom