Thanksgiving Hunting

It is a tradition for my wife and I to travel to Ohio for Thanksgiving to spend the holiday with her extended family out there, and another tradition to go rabbit hunting throughout the week. Apparently this is a bad year for rabbits since they were pretty hard to come by; 5 guys and 4 dogs hunting 3 mornings only produced 3 rabbits! But 2 of them were mine so I guess I can't really complain [wink]. I also tagged along one night for my first raccoon hunt; THAT was an experience. Definitely the most fun I've had running around the woods of OH in the middle of the night with dogs and a rifle. I always get a kick out of hunting with them so I figured I would share a couple pics with you all. First one is obviously one of the bunnies, second one is an example of some of the thicker brush we pushed through.

OH%2Bhunt%2B-%2Bbrush%2B%2711.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you made it out this way. What part of Ohio were you hunting? We've got plenty of rabbits in the Mansfield area... I can also attest to a very large and healthy raccoon population around here...

Glad you made it out this way. What part of Ohio were you hunting? We've got plenty of rabbits in the Mansfield area... I can also attest to a very large and healthy raccoon population around here...

We were in the Zanesville area. Maybe the lions and tigers got to the rabbits before we did!
Still had a fun time though, you have some beautiful country out there. I was encouraged to stick around for deer season next year...

This was my thanksgiving hunting in NY: 120lb (gutted) doe

IMG_3409s.jpg

Exit wound is visible in the picture, it was a liver shot.

Back
Top Bottom