Thank you NH

I applied for an out of state LTC in NH about a month ago. Filled out the 1 page form, sent in my money, and waited. Just came in the mail on Friday, roughly a month after I filed for it. No hassle, no exorbitant expenses, no 15 pages of forms asking me if I am a terrorist....just simple, straightforward LOGICAL questions, and thats it. I cannot wait to start looking for a place to live up there next year....scary that here in MA, it takes MONTHS to get done what takes weeks in NH...especially when it comes to my rights.

ElmerFudd.jpg

Maybe you don't think $100 is exorbitant, but I do.
When I renewed mine two years ago, it was only $20.
They must have seen how much Mass was getting and raised the fee by 500%.

Jeez, Zap, NH needs our cash too. Everyone drives up there from my area to take advantage of them. They keep offering that tax free stuff and low booze and ciggy prices. We should be happy as fat pigs to shell out the C-note for a gun permit.[wink]

Maybe you don't think $100 is exorbitant, but I do.
When I renewed mine two years ago, it was only $20.
They must have seen how much Mass was getting and raised the fee by 500%.

NH raised lots of fees at the same time they raised the Non-Res permit. Car registration fees almost doubled.
Don't forget that a non-res permit in NH is a luxury, you don't need it to possess a firearm in the state, you don't even need it to carry and it's good for 4+ years for the same price MA charges for 1.
Quitcha' bitchin' or stay home.

Compare that to MA though: $150 to file for it, then you need to pay for pictures, a course, and I dont recall what else. THEN, its only by the blessing of the current CLEO in your town, whether you get it or not-and, if you dont, you dont get refunded ANYTHING.
In NH, non res permit requires three things; one, you dont live in NH, two you arent a criminal, and three, you are a current LTC holder in another state. Thats pretty minimal. Its $25/year for me, with no hassle. That doesnt seem to exorbitant to me...

from my perspective, a 500% increase for anything is unreasonable as Hell.

BTW, an increase of $80 equates to a 400% increase.
Does noone here think that $20 for 4+ years was an incredible, almost unreasonably low, price? Especially when your home state permit cost you 5 times as much.
You're all crying because us hicks up north finally learned our Econ 101, and the state agency responsible for issuing out-of-state permits is finally charging a fee that lets them come close to covering the costs involved.
If you don't think the permit is worth the price, don't apply for it. You can still carry here without one. Quit'cha bitchn' or stay home.

Well from my perspective, granting a bunch of communist liberty loving wannabes permits to CCW, or allowing them to open carry in NH, at any price is bullsh*t. You guys ought to be searched and disarmed entirely at the border before heading into Nashua to shop tax free. Once you work out reciprocity, or take challenging your b.s. gun laws and supporting organizations like GOAL seriously, then we can debate 500% increases in fees for permits in a neighboring state you don't live or pay taxes in. Statements like that just prove what kind of cheap sheep you all really are. States should give us stuff for free!!! Even if we don't live in those states!!! [wink]

Timber, you and I will have to take shifts manning the entry checkpoint. I'm really tired of all the flatlanders coming north to pillage our ammo supplies. Maybe I should support MA efforts to collect sales tax from all those folks who shop north of the border.

Last edited:
The only reason that you see the MA folks flocking to NH is because your State gov't has made it lucrative for us to do so. A wise decision economically for NH. Just remember what happened when the goose that layed the golden eggs was killed. No more eggs. If we all stay home your border towns would die. Your jobs would die. You'd all become old toothless trailer people.[smile]

The only reason that you see the MA folks flocking to NH is because your State gov't has made it lucrative for us to do so. A wise decision economically for NH. Just remember what happened when the goose that layed the golden eggs was killed. No more eggs. If we all stay home your border towns would die. Your jobs would die. You'd all become old toothless trailer people.[smile]

You take too much credit for our well being. I've lived in the northern part of the state, and people there seem to do OK for themselves, I know I did.

Let me start of by saying I know I will probably get flamed for this post on account of my non-existant post count. That being said here goes nothing...

"You take too much credit for our well being. I've lived in the northern part of the state, and people there seem to do OK for themselves, I know I did. "

Wouldn't that be attributed to the folks from VT and ME shopping tax free as well? Please don't sterotype all MA residents as flatlanders as it only makes you sound childish and borderline ignorant.

I lived in VT for several years and may eventually move to NH as I love your beautiful state. There are alot of good people all over this country. We are all constitution loving Americans and we should all support each other. We have plenty of people that would love to take away our second amendment rights at the drop of a hat. If we can't stick together and resort to name calling we only make it easier for them

End rant.

Wouldn't that be attributed to the folks from VT and ME shopping tax free as well?
Please don't sterotype all MA residents as flatlanders as it only makes you sound childish and borderline ignorant.

I lived in VT for several years and may eventually move to NH as I love your beautiful state. There are alot of good people all over this country. We are all constitution loving Americans and we should all support each other. We have plenty of people that would love to take away our second amendment rights at the drop of a hat. If we can't stick together and resort to name calling we only make it easier for them

End rant.

Flame on.
Who's sounding childish and ignorant?
If you've ever spent any time in the northern part of the Granite State you would know that anyone from south over Concord NH is considered a 'flatlander'. It is not a derogatory term, as you seem to have taken it, it is a term used to describe where a person is from, quite similar the term 'Islander' used to describe folks that were born on Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard.
Flame off.
As far a VT and ME residents sustaining NH economy by shopping tax free, I lived in north central NH and both VT and ME were more than an hour away. There are far too many places for those folks to shop much closer to home. No out-of-state support for local economy where I was from.
NH would do OK without the support of tax-free shoppers from bordering states. Only a small percentage of our business is from out-of-state tax-free shoppers.

If you want to strike back at the state govt for raising the fees, one way would be to locate a couple of the most anti-gun voting records and back their opponents in some way.

Here's one way to track voting records, using the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance resources:

http://www.nhliberty.org/2009_liberty_rating

The ones with the lowest ratings here are almost always the anti-gun people too.

I'm sure GO-NH has records as well.

In fairness, the state was losing money at the $20 processing fee. It was a good deal, and as we all know, good deals have a finite lifespan. This one ran its course. At $100, it's less of a good deal than it was, but, still, for what you get, not exactly a ripoff. And, for the most part, unnecessary to come shoot in NH. Nice to have, to be sure, but if you don't have one, you still don't have to worry about someone stopping you for having a key chain with a spent rifle round on it and charging you with a felony.

Also, look at it from the viewpoint of your average legislator looking for money. They usually have a three-question test:
1. Does it raise money?
2. If yes, will someone bitch?
3. If yes, can they vote?

In fairness, the state was losing money at the $20 processing fee. It was a good deal, and as we all know, good deals have a finite lifespan. This one ran its course. At $100, it's less of a good deal than it was, but, still, for what you get, not exactly a ripoff. And, for the most part, unnecessary to come shoot in NH. Nice to have, to be sure, but if you don't have one, you still don't have to worry about someone stopping you for having a key chain with a spent rifle round on it and charging you with a felony.

Finally another voice of reason.[smile]

The only thing I'm bummed out about is that I was never able to take advantage of the lower fee!

That being said $25/year isn't prohibitively expensive. Much rather pay that and CC legally than go without.

Back
Top Bottom