Thank you Dennis and Monandnock Rod and Gun!!! - GunPowderPig

Thank you again...
I had a great time. Sunday was quieter but fun, too.

Thanks also for everyone who let me play with their toys.

Any plans for a Winter shoot?..............SnowPig? [smile]

We (MRGCI) had our monthly Club meeting this evening (Monday), and the NES event received some very positive reviews.

All Officers present were quite amenable to future NES Shoots. Even ...dare I say it, automobile shoots. The venerable MrTwigg attended, and posed that very question.

So in answer to a winter shoot ...from my perspective ...break out the tarps to catch the brass!
icon_soldier.gif

PS - firewall99 was at the meeting too to discuss the Appleseed event from the Live Free or Die Rally. It would appear that an Appleseed is scheduled for January 9-10 in 2010 at MRGCI.

I truly am sorry that I missed this (and trust me, I would have prefered to be there rather than where I was). I am sorry that I missed "pigs in space" Jim - you'll have to do that at another event. [laugh]

I put it on top of two canisters of Tannerite and launched it into the ionosphere.

E.C., we recovered the meat from that on Sunday afternoon. It was on the 15 yard line, no bones or hoof, and a bit charred. Well done, sir. Well done![smile]

Also, thanks to BobJ for repairing the dumpster lid that the bear ripped off. It seems bears dig pork!

Also, thanks to BobJ for repairing the dumpster lid that the bear ripped off. It seems bears dig pork!

Yeah well YOU were in a popup with metal walls and a door, mr. smartguy! Most of us were tenting about 50 yards away from the dumpster, cradling the Mosin and whispering "don't let me down..." to it... over and over... listening to the creaks, rattles, snorts and growls...

Yeah well YOU were in a popup with metal walls and a door, mr. smartguy! Most of us were tenting about 50 yards away from the dumpster, cradling the Mosin and whispering "don't let me down..." to it... over and over... listening to the creaks, rattles, snorts and growls...

Mosin??? ...oooh, a fine firearm, but not exactly the bear-defense weapon of choice. But, I guess ya use what ya got. Wasn't there an AR10 next door? [grin]

Welcome to rural NH. That may well be the same bear that watched me and another Club member placing a 3D bear target out in-the-woods on our archery course. Of course, we were not smeared with pig fat at-the-time.

Mosin??? ...oooh, a fine firearm, but not exactly the bear-defense weapon of choice. But, I guess ya use what ya got. Wasn't there an AR10 next door? [grin]

Welcome to rural NH. That may well be the same bear that watched me and another Club member placing a 3D bear target out in-the-woods on our archery course. Of course, we were not smeared with pig fat at-the-time.

Yes AR10 was sleeping nextdoor all ready to go.. But I was dead tired I didn't hear anything outside.. I would have waken up if someone was yelling or there were shots fired.. [smile]

Yep, she was mine. CRSIII you seemed to have a good time shooting her! I think I saw a pic somewhere in one of these posts. Still laugh when I think of the look on one kids face after he shot it. Classic. [smile]

Thank you as well! That was probably one of the badassinest pieces of machinery i've ever operated!

CRSIII, thanks for letting me shoot your AR, and fooped, sorry for shooting it next to you! The whole muzzle-brake concept is still beyond me, apparently (none of my guns have em). To be fair, though, you did utterly and completely demolish my target stand [smile]

I just handed my M&P to Natalie, told her to shoot anything that growls, and went to bed.[smile] I need all the beauty sleep I can get.

Yep, she was mine. CRSIII you seemed to have a good time shooting her! I think I saw a pic somewhere in one of these posts. Still laugh when I think of the look on one kids face after he shot it. Classic. [smile]

That was Brian, my guest. I have the video but not sure how best to upload a vid onto here. Once I do, I'll set it up so you guys can watch it over and over, I must have watched it 15 times already [smile]

Hey folks, Nat wanted a chance to say something........

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend. My sneakers are still squishy and it's not from all the poop in them. Yes Jamie would do that to me! You are a great bunch of people and I had fun hanging out with you. I look forward to the next shoot. I won't wait til Sunday to do my shooting. By the way... I like tannerite! Thanks for showing me what that is all about. See you next time. Nat (SoftJeepGirl)

So is it to early to ask when the car shoot is gonna happen?? I would have no problem paying the same fee and traveling back to Monadnock for some more fun.. Maybe even bring some pumpkins and make it a pumpkin car shoot with a side order of tannerite.. [smile] (spray paint the car to look like giant pumpkin) [rofl]

If it happens this year, its most likely going to be at Woodsman in Athol.

The prez there is a real rock & spear guy - no computer, no answering machine, no voice mail. I'm Appleseeding this weekend and I'll try to get approval next week.

Next shoot at Monadnock will be late spring.

Athol huh.. Well I'm guessing I wont be able to go cause all my stuff is high cap and from what I am told I can't even travel into Mass with that stuff.. or was that person wrong?? I'm hoping they are wrong I would really love to do a car shoot..

Monadnock late spring sounds good to me.. can't wait..

Athol huh.. Well I'm guessing I wont be able to go cause all my stuff is high cap and from what I am told I can't even travel into Mass with that stuff.. or was that person wrong?? I'm hoping they are wrong I would really love to do a car shoot..

Monadnock late spring sounds good to me.. can't wait..

You can still go but you may have to get a degree in law and pass the bar exam before knowing what you can and cannot bring [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom