TEOTWAWKI / SHTF Scenario: Completed 80% AR Lower > Stripped AR Lower on a 4473?

Reptile

NES Member
When planning for a societal collapse, is an 80% lower really worth more than a stripped lower?
The only reason why an 80% is valuable is to evade tyranny during peaceful times.
If tyranny and civil war is in effect - who cares about building up a stripped lower that was obtained on a 4473?
Although it would be fun to build out an 80% lower - does it really have an advantage in the The End Of The World As We Know It / Sh*t Hit The Fan scenario?

Not surprised - while contemplating societal collapse, the first thing NES comes up with is how to skinflint in an End of the World scenario

You, sir...just won NES for the day and with mere MINUTES to spare. Congratulations!!!

[party2][party][party2][party][party2][party]

Personally, I'm going with something that's already built...but if i was in the scenario mentions, I suppose I wouldn't give two shit's about a f*** about what the receiver origin was.

So...is Midway delivering AR parts to MA post apocalypse?

...or does your scenario assume that everything else has already been acquired and is ready to go?

The only “values” of an 80% lower are when the govt. is tracing and confiscating so they don’t know you have one. Or when you feel a sense of accomplishment/satisfaction making a working firearm out of one.

Dave
Unless they are paying cash for the stripped lower, upper, lpk, etc. There's plenty of a paper trail to get them. Look at the people that bought nothing more dangerous than oil filters and had the cops showing up with questions. 80% lower doesn't hide anything unless it's all cash purchases.

Unless they are paying cash for the stripped lower, upper, lpk, etc. There's plenty of a paper trail to get them. Look at the people that bought nothing more dangerous than oil filters and had the cops showing up with questions. 80% lower doesn't hide anything unless it's all cash purchases.
But, 80% lowers and jigs are not illegal - yet.

But, 80% lowers and jigs are not illegal - yet.

Right. My answer was in reply to:
"The only “values” of an 80% lower are when the govt. is tracing and confiscating so they don’t know you have one. Or when you feel a sense of accomplishment/satisfaction making a working firearm out of one."

When and if they become illegal, they're still traceable depending on how or where you bought it. Building it yourself is no guarantee of privacy, that's all I'm saying. Perfectly legal to pay cash, or other methods not as easily traced for your legal 80% lower and accessories purchases.

Confiscation will be first attempted by mining online State gun registration and possibly Fed 4473 (Red Dawn scenario).

Highly unlikely they attempt to mine everyone’s purchase history unless you’ve committed some serious crime. If we do get to that point we’re already in a civil war.

Right. My answer was in reply to:
"The only “values” of an 80% lower are when the govt. is tracing and confiscating so they don’t know you have one. Or when you feel a sense of accomplishment/satisfaction making a working firearm out of one."

When and if they become illegal, they're still traceable depending on how or where you bought it. Building it yourself is no guarantee of privacy, that's all I'm saying. Perfectly legal to pay cash, or other methods not as easily traced for your legal 80% lower and accessories purchases.
It is less likely they will become illegal in NH.

Get a pal from NH to buy the equipment.

Like i said in his other post, he already has stripped lowers so 🤷 idk why he is messing around with 80%s instead of finishing the lowers he has.

Now for peeps that don't have stripped lowers. Sure 80% building is still far cheaper than what TPNES charges lol.

Have you seen what the OP is charging for stripped lowers?! lol

84E5C819-2178-46EA-9D6C-8CE39D0594A9.gif

The only “values” of an 80% lower are when the govt. is tracing and confiscating so they don’t know you have one. Or when you feel a sense of accomplishment/satisfaction making a working firearm out of one.

Dave
Which is really the OP’s question of the “value”, as opposed to whether or not it’s financially more valuable.

Confiscation will be first attempted by mining online State gun registration and possibly Fed 4473 (Red Dawn scenario).

Highly unlikely they attempt to mine everyone’s purchase history unless you’ve committed some serious crime. If we do get to that point we’re already in a civil war.

This guy had the police show up to his garage, where he customizes diesel trucks, because he bought oil filters. They thought he was making "silencers".
If they can search buying histories for filters, they can search for 80% lowers when they decide to outlaw them. The only crime you need to commit is being a gun owning American.

They were plenty able to search buying histories for those Glock auto parts that they were shipping in from China not long ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=270sLN5WL2I

As far as I know...

Legally I DO NOT have to even register the completed lower as long as it never gets an upper attached.

In the event that some of my completed lowers are confiscated, I wont be in trouble since they would not be "capable of firing a shot".

If I DO need to mate with an upper it Go Time anyway so all bets are off.

If your in MA the chances of a court seeing it that way in far left land is 0٪ they are still going to nail you for having an upper in your household.

If your in MA the chances of a court seeing it that way in far left land is 0٪ they are still going to nail you for having an upper in your household.
Well, I do have a LTC with registered guns so I should be able to have an upper in the household.

Back
Top Bottom