TEC-9 Feeding

JonJ

NES Member
I just got an Interdynamics KG-99 (older TEC-9). What have you found that it likes to eat best?

I just got an Interdynamics KG-99 (older TEC-9). What have you found that it likes to eat best?

My Tec-9 feds anything I have put through it, to include Winchester White Box, UMC, S&B and Wolf. It was all hardball. I see no reason to feed anything exotic through this novelty and since it is not for personal defense I see no reason for HP's.

Thanks Goose.
Yup, my main concern was with the cheaper FMJ like you listed. I just didn't know if they like one flavor over another. I'll have to see what I got laying around and run some through it.
I remember reading somewhere that +P+ shouldn't be used.

My Tec-9 feds anything I have put through it, to include Winchester White Box, UMC, S&B and Wolf. It was all hardball. I see no reason to feed anything exotic through this novelty and since it is not for personal defense I see no reason for HP's.

That being said, if you can track down the manufacture date of your TEC-9, you may find some answers. I purchased a TEC-9 new back in the 80's and the early models had specific case thickness tolerances listed in the owners manual. Mine would only eat 9mm NATO - everything else jammed like mad. I sent it back to TEC twice with no improvement. It would only eat Federal - period. Everything else would jam. I understand the newer ones are less sensitive. Mine was relegated to the "mistake list" and traded in toward an HK 94 brand new for, are you ready?..... $650.00 .... Times has changed eh? [crying]

Back
Top Bottom