Taurus G3C

I picked up a Taurus G3C a few months ago and put about 100 rounds through it the first day I got it. It shot great! Accurate, great grip feel, nothing I didn’t like about it. In fact I liked it better than my XDS, G26, Shield and about every other small carry gun i’v had. I’m not sure I can get past the fact that it’s a Taurus though. I’m waiting for it to suck lol I’d love to hear from some of you who have more rounds down range then me with this gun. I refuse to pay $36/box for 9mm, so extensive testing will have to wait.

Got two of them and I must admit it’s a great gun for the price. They skimped on the sights but that’s okay. They work as intended just not “nice”.

I’m not sure I can get past the fact that it’s a Taurus though.
I can understand the sentiments. I helped a friend the first time they were choosing a pistol and it was actually between a g3c and a 2.0 Shield. I pushed him towards shield mostly because I knew he would be more happy with it at end of day. It was almost $200 more tho.

From the outside looking in it looks like a great firearm, especially if it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I have seen a lot of good videos on youtube tho of some enthusiastic folk mag dumping their g3c into the local flora, it's usually pretty entertaining when they pop the 30 rd mag in too.

I can understand the sentiments. I helped a friend the first time they were choosing a pistol and it was actually between a g3c and a 2.0 Shield. I pushed him towards shield mostly because I knew he would be more happy with it at end of day. It was almost $200 more tho.

From the outside looking in it looks like a great firearm, especially if it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I have seen a lot of good videos on youtube tho of some enthusiastic folk mag dumping their g3c into the local flora, it's usually pretty entertaining when they pop the 30 rd mag in too.
Oh yea, a ton of great reviews and videos. I’d feel better if someone put like 10k through 1 or 2 of them though. With that being said I bought an LCR when they first came out and that had been tested to 10k and it broke with in 100 🤷‍♂️

Oh yea, a ton of great reviews and videos. I’d feel better if someone put like 10k through 1 or 2 of them though. With that being said I bought an LCR when they first came out and that had been tested to 10k and it broke with in 100 🤷‍♂️
I only shot a ruger during my ccw class certification and that was a DA/SA .22. It seems a g3c is a tank and better option than the LC series, i dont know much about them tho but when my mother was looking for her first hand gun I steered her towards a 365.

This guy has a fun video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_Ia2rcLZQ

In hand it feels pretty good. I also like the mag interchangability with Canik, Beretta etc, as I have those guns as well.

When prices get back to non retard and these things are 275-300 again, i'll look at it.

In hand it feels pretty good. I also like the mag interchangability with Canik, Beretta etc, as I have those guns as well.

When prices get back to non retard and these things are 275-300 again, i'll look at it.
I thought it was 226/228 mags that swapped right in.

I picked up a Taurus G3C a few months ago and put about 100 rounds through it the first day I got it. It shot great! Accurate, great grip feel, nothing I didn’t like about it. In fact I liked it better than my XDS, G26, Shield and about every other small carry gun i’v had. I’m not sure I can get past the fact that it’s a Taurus though. I’m waiting for it to suck lol I’d love to hear from some of you who have more rounds down range then me with this gun. I refuse to pay $36/box for 9mm, so extensive testing will have to wait.
So I watched quite a few videos about the G3C prior to purchasing and they definitely persuaded me to give it a shot.

Ive put a few hundred rounds through my G3C and no issues and I’m slightly more accurate than with my P365. My EDC is the Sig but I do carry the Taurus once and a while without hesitation, the Sig is just smaller and easier to carry.

Supposedly Taurus is coming out next month with a GX4 which is a Hellcat/P365 Competitor. If it proves as reliable as the G3c I will grab one.

I put some rounds through one and I was impressed for the price point. I really like that it has second-strike capability.

I was asked to test one that came back from a new buyer with a complaint that it stove piped,.. I found it reliable and actually fun to shoot. It's a lot of carry gun for the price. I like em.

Found one at the right price. Shoots great. Put a front night sight on it (same as glock). Shoots great and makes a nice cheap EDC.

My daughter went to buy the full size and they are unobtainum for the 250 they used to go for. Should have gotten in earlier the word is out

Back
Top Bottom