Taurus 992 22LR/22WMR Revolver-Thoughts/Experience?

I've been keeping an eye out for a used 22LR revolver just for informal plinking. I am looking to spend the least amount I can to get a functional gun. I know most here will just say no to anything Taurus, but I have had a SS Taurus PT99 9mm pistol for at least 23 years and have put many rounds thru it with no problems.

Since I started looking, I have not found any used 22 revolvers at all in any LGS or pawn shop (I am not in Mass) until today. The LGS 3 miles away has a used 4" Taurus 922 with both cylinders in stainless steel for $399. Bud's guns had a new one for $479, so I would offer maybe $340 for the used one. One plus with buying from the LGS is they have an indoor range so I would insist they let me check it out before I would buy it. I would appreciate any first hand info/experience my fellow NES'rs can provide. Thank you.

I have an older Taurus 94 revolver (stainless/ 4"/ .22 LR / 9 shot). Mine is accurate, is timed well, has excellent fit and finish, and has a good trigger. At the time when I bought mine, I didn't want to spend the money for one of the S&W offerings (617/10 shot OR 63/ 8 shot) (I primarily bought it for revolver matches that I occasionally shoot) and wanted something that was better than some of the other value 9-shot revolvers available at the time. I paid a relative premium for mine, which was OK with me because I got an excellent quality revolver. I have seen some people bring other Taurus revolvers to the range which have triggers which are not as good as mine- I believe it is important to make sure that the trigger pull is good on the one that you are looking at (This was particularly important for me since I was planning on shooting it primarily in DA....it may be less of an issue if you are planning on using it in SA). I would definitely encourage you to consider the Taurus but to make sure that you are satisfied with the specific example you are looking at before putting down money for it.

Back
Top Bottom