• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Targets...

I don't care how "clean looking" the holes are that I put into a piece of paper, so <file-print> is much quicker and easier!

I don't care how "clean looking" the holes are that I put into a piece of paper, so <file-print> is much quicker and easier!

I agree and since I have access to a color laser printer that prints on 11x17" paper, I can print nice red targets on white paper. They're great visually. Sometimes I put one of those shoot and see circles in the middle and that makes the holes nice and round. If the holes tear a bit though, no big deal.

Actually if you want them to make nice neat holes, pick up the cheapest matte finish clear spray paint. Print your targets, then spray the fronts (if printed with laser printer or copyer, ink jets will run) of your targets with the paint, spread them out and let them dry.

It's alive, ALIVE!!!

I'm cheap and lazy...I just use paper plates with sharpie dots drawn in the center. i don't shoot from far enough away to worry about how my holes are looking.

I take the cheap way out. I use IPSC targets left over from the monthly matches at my home club, Harvard. To simulate steel plates on indoor ranges, I use a stencil of the appropriate diameter and paint with white spray paint. For black bulls, I use the same method with black paint. I use cardboard for these painted targets which works pretty well as far as uniform holes are concerned and has the added advantage of not needing any backing.

For those without steel plates, paper plates of the appropriate size work very well and can be easily mounted on stakes driven into the ground and patched with masking tape.

Opticsplanet is offering free downloadable targets.
Kind of lame but something a little different to shoot at. They do use a lot of ink though. My son made a comment that they are not correct, in that to dispatch a zombie you need a head shot.
Opticsplanet is a pretty good company. Free shipping for most orders.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/zombies2012.html

Self-Healing Bouncing Targets

Does anyone have experience with the Self-Healing Bouncing Targets from Do-All Outdoors? If so, do you find them to be a pain because they "bounce" further and further away unless you are shooting directly against an embankment? Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom