Target Quality Air Pistols

I've been thinking about picking up a good target quality air pistol so I can practice bullseye at home. I might even use it for competition.

I have no idea what's available and what's good. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

After doing a little more digging I should qualify this a bit:

I don't want to spend the equivilent of a mortgage payment on this. Is there anything decent at a reasonable price?

I've been thinking about picking up a good target quality air pistol so I can practice bullseye at home. I might even use it for competition.

I have no idea what's available and what's good. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

I've got an IZH-46. It's at the bottom end of competition airguns but it's still more than accurate enough to start with. You should be able to pick up a used one for $200 or less.

Well,

Dick loaned me his GAMO Compact to try out, and I'm going to buy it. It's a nice pistol with pretty decent trigger.

I shot a 60shot 10m simulated match with it and scored a 533 out of 600. I have to say, 60 continuous slow fire shots is alot! I was shaking a fair amount for the last 10 or so shots.

533 out of 600 is very good. Most people take a very long time to get to that score.
I shoot a Hammerli just about every day and I don't even shoot better than 533 most of the time.
The IZH46 is definately the best gun for the money.

Back
Top Bottom