• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Maker Website

That mindflow is good for other targets also, look at the bottom of the page they list other free targets sites to, sweet.

Thanks for the site.

I have found that the biggest problem with home made targets is the paper. Target paper is unique and most substitutes tear rather than leave neat holes.

My solution has been to use cardboard rather than paper. It leaves a nice hole rather than a tear and is cheap; free, if you know where to look. I realize you can't down load target designs and then print print them on cardboard, but this has never been my intent.

I use IPSC targets for most of my pistol practice (and some rifle); these are free at your local club after a match. I haven't paid for an IPSC target, ever. The only expense is the brown patching tape.

For the rest of my shooting, I use bullseyes of various sizes and colors; black for high power rifle and white to simulate steel plates for pistol and rifle. The white bulls are painted on a cardboard sheet using a template, as are the black bulls. The white bulls can be patched with masking tape but the black bulls need black tape which is hard to find, or target pasters from your local gun store. This sytem has proven to be very economical (downright cheap) for me.

Cardboard has many advantages other than easy, free availability. It makes nice neat holes, as I mentioned previously, it is strong enough to stand on its own (you need no backer), and is very durable so that one target can absorb hundreds of rounds; all you need is patching tape which is relatively inexpensive.

This system is inexpensive and quite versatile. Using three IPSC style target stands I can put up as many as 12 individual cardboard targets.

Give it a try.

I have found that the biggest problem with home made targets is the paper. Target paper is unique and most substitutes tear rather than leave neat holes.

Ya I agree, the paper isn't the way to go.

I find myself useing the stick on targets on cardboard most times myself. Real easy and they hold up well and they give you stickers to cover the holes with.

But the free printable targets do have fun things to shoot at.

Ya I agree, the paper isn't the way to go.

I find myself useing the stick on targets on cardboard most times myself. Real easy and they hold up well and they give you stickers to cover the holes with.

But the free printable targets do have fun things to shoot at.

I use 67# paper and it works well. Not quite target paper quality but close. I get it at Staples.

Back
Top Bottom