• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tapatalk & Forum Runner

Say it isn't so...

As a tapatalk user who reads multiple forums and has paid for my iPhone and iPad versions...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A policy of peaceful, armed, coexistence. Support for both. That works.

I take it the support for forum owners has not been very good from tapatalk. Since the business model is free to owners and charge the users you can see how hey would make the mistake and piss off the owners. I will try forum runner once it is up and if it's better, switch.

There is one issue with Forum Runner that is being worked on. It isn't displaying the classifieds because of the "thumbnail" thread modification I have running in there. I will hopefully have this resolved in a timely manner.

Just when I get use to tapatalk...
The reviews say that the paid version of FR has adds, true? Ill wait till all the bugs are worked out before I switch.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk while sitting in the Burlington Mall parking lot.

I've spent some time trying forum runner on my iPad. I have used the old tapatalk and the newer tapatalk hd. Each has good and bad but I have gotten used to tapatalk hd and like it best.

I have not gone into the settings to make changes but by default I hate the FR interface. Fonts too big, no split topics/reading pane. Can't mark individual threads read without opening them.

Also the FR app makes reading multiple forums that you have memberships to hard. So far I have to re search to find the ones I want to read and I don't get a starting screen with the list of ones I have supplied login information to.

It might get better. I understand that it might be FAR better for the forum owner. For now, I will pass.

Kudos for working to make the reading experience better even if I don't appreciate it :)

CrackPot said:
I've spent some time trying forum runner on my iPad. I have used the old tapatalk and the newer tapatalk hd. Each has good and bad but I have gotten used to tapatalk hd and like it best.

I have not gone into the settings to make changes but by default I hate the FR interface. Fonts too big, no split topics/reading pane. Can't mark individual threads read without opening them.

Also the FR app makes reading multiple forums that you have memberships to hard. So far I have to re search to find the ones I want to read and I don't get a starting screen with the list of ones I have supplied login information to.

It might get better. I understand that it might be FAR better for the forum owner. For now, I will pass.

Kudos for working to make the reading experience better even if I don't appreciate it :)

FWIW:

To add a forum to the homepage, go to "current" and click the "add to favorites" button in the upper right.

Font sizes are found in FR's settings.

IMO, FR is WAY faster than tapatalk, but I've only been using it for about 10 minutes...I guess time will tell. If this will successfully load without crashing on my iPhone after being opened and closed a few times it will win easily (tapatalk crashes constantly for me)

ETA: the help section in the "more" tab is very helpful.

Last edited:
The only thing I miss so far is the "latest participated threads" tab, where I could jump right to updated threads that I participated in. Forum Runner has something similar but it only threads that I actually started. (I don't start a lot of threads, but I do finish a bunch.)

The only thing I miss so far is the "latest participated threads" tab, where I could jump right to updated threads that I participated in. Forum Runner has something similar but it only threads that I actually started. (I don't start a lot of threads, but I do finish a bunch.)

I set the forum to subscribe me to all threads I post in, then I can read subscribed threads. This works well in the browser also.

jar said:
I set the forum to subscribe me to all threads I post in, then I can read subscribed threads. This works well in the browser also.

Gahh I can't figure out how to do that, Iset it to update instantly in the settings yet I don't see it working... I do like the forum runner interact better than tapatalk looks nice as well

Gahh I can't figure out how to do that, Iset it to update instantly in the settings yet I don't see it working... I do like the forum runner interact better than tapatalk looks nice as well

I set 'Default Thread Subscription Mode:' to 'through my control panel only'. Click on Settings and then general settings.

Hrrmmmm.... New tapatalk has some nice changes....
I'll give the new thing a test drive.....

Sent from my HTC EVO running SYNERGY+GODMODE using Tapatalk 2

ETA: blah.... Gotta get the full version to reply?
Psha..... "free" is my second favorite 4 letter 'f' word.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom