Tampa gun show

quinnjalan

NES Member
Anyone in the Tampa area ever go to this gun show? I’m flying down to help our son move into his new rental and figured it might be worth visiting. Shows in MA are awful, since FL is a free state how bad can it be. The other question is, should I pack my hair dryer (BTW, my EDC identifies as a hair dryer)!

Shows down here vary depending on the size of the venue and the promoter. Larger shows would have lots of stuff to oogle.

Most all shows require weapons coming in to be verified unloaded and the slide locked back.

Ammo and mags will be for sale with no pesky checks. Sometimes good prices, other times not so much- tracks along with the market place.

Most shows allow private party sales, some don't.

You'll find the run of the mill jerky, knife and other vendors.

Firearm sales from dealers must follow Florida law, which has a 3 day wait to take possession unless you have a Florida CCW- in which case you take possession once you clear the NICS check.

Anyone in the Tampa area ever go to this gun show? I’m flying down to help our son move into his new rental and figured it might be worth visiting. Shows in MA are awful, since FL is a free state how bad can it be. The other question is, should I pack my hair dryer (BTW, my EDC identifies as a hair dryer)!
Ive been, years ago.......because we were in St.Pete's one time and the show was running that weekend. Pretty good show way bigger than up here.

Bigger doesn't always mean better. Although they'll have more breadth of items listed. The downside is that the prices will still suck (lol) and you'll have to walk 5x as long.

I've never understood the "I gotta strap up to git to the gat show" mentality. Who is gonna attack you at a gun show? What's your safe firing lane at a gun show????

Bigger doesn't always mean better. Although they'll have more breadth of items listed. The downside is that the prices will still suck (lol) and you'll have to walk 5x as long.

I've never understood the "I gotta strap up to git to the gat show" mentality. Who is gonna attack you at a gun show? What's your safe firing lane at a gun show????
The jerky display is always the backstop

This is true....and if your from MA, a lot of the items will be restricted, and flying back...your pretty much buying nothing......

Usiing this brand of shitlogic you could justify not carrying a gun basically anywhere. You really going to start that, on a gun board? [rofl]

Usiing this brand of shitlogic you could justify not carrying a gun basically anywhere. You really going to start that, on a gun board? [rofl]
Maybe he's just commenting how some attendees will go full mall ninja for shows? Tell me you have not seen someone kitted out to the level of ridiculousness.

Maybe he's just commenting how some attendees will go full mall ninja for shows? Tell me you have not seen someone kitted out to the level of ridiculousness.

Lol, yes, the faux "operators" etc. [rofl] but more likely at a gun show is some old guy cropdusting your booth... eye searing.

I meant flying with my hair dryer. I’m not checking a bag cos I’m cheap! I figure if someone starts shootin at a show I’ll be hiding under a table until someone loads up and takes out the bad guy.

This is true....and if your from MA, a lot of the items will be restricted, and flying back...your pretty much buying nothing......
Lol if i think of the purchases i made at gun shows 90% of the money involved unregulated shit. I bought a tange bag, mag pouches, glock parts, etc. Guns and ammo are ironically the worst things to buy at a show.

7nogxd.jpg

I’ll never go to another gun show in MA and unlikely NH also. We were over 4 hours walking around. Lots of package deals guns and way below MA prices. Bad news is I didn’t buy anything, as this trip was for other reasons. We’ll worth the admission to see what a free state gun show looks like.

Back
Top Bottom