• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Swap Meet

Knob Creek

NES Member
So who has been to a Swap Meet? Car parts, motorcycle parts, Ham radio, etc? Would there be any interest in a Firearms Related Swap Meet? Thinking of a local club selling tables at $ prices. Bring all the crap you have, guns, holsters, grips, reloading stuff, brass, bullets, gun parts. Not for fuc&&^in dealers. Just us guys.

So who has been to a Swap Meet? Car parts, motorcycle parts, Ham radio, etc? Would there be any interest in a Firearms Related Swap Meet? Thinking of a local club selling tables at $ prices. Bring all the crap you have, guns, holsters, grips, reloading stuff, brass, bullets, gun parts. Not for fuc&&^in dealers. Just us guys.

That's how. . . . Holbrook, I think, was primarily. One of those towns between 24 and Rt 3 that ya can't get to from anywhere. It was a small-ish show but a lot of it was local guys hawking their stuff. A few small kitchen-table dealers. Tom Whatshisname was always there. I think I got my first set of custom ear plugs from the eccentric ear plug guy there.

The upside/downside is it's a short show. You can be in and out in 90 min or less. I think that show might have been where I first met Sir Charles. Gosh that has to be 30 or so years ago. LOL. He was complaining about being old THEN. ROFL!!!

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

My local club hosted a members swap meet a couple weeks ago. Had about 40 tables at 25$ each. I sold two rifles and a G17. Picked up a 300 blackout upper.

It was a beautiful day, and the clubhouse bar and kitchen were open. Mike, (bartender/manager), said he put out 100 plates of food.

i remember clubs having exactly what @Knob Creek is talking about, but many years ago. they used to be packed...with both tables and buyers. it's safe to say they were very successful but they just faded away for some reason. these flea markets weren't the place to sell your collectables trying to get big money because everyone was looking for deals. the beginning of the skinflint movement maybe? but they were ideal venues to sell the stuff you found when you cleaned out your gun room and reloading area instead of tossing the stuff away. i think tables then were 10-15 bucks each and that maybe translates to 25 in todays money. i remember woburn sportsmen's always having a fabulous one. some buddies and myself would grab a few tables at that one and had a great time and made a few bucks selling our unused stuff. yeah, i'd like to see them come back and think they'd be very successful for both the hosting facility and vendors. and read vendors as the little guy shooter, not a professional seller toting the same tired shit.

it will require a videographer on site, as i bet the process of those swaps will be epic - a negotiation to swap out a taurus for an m&p shield, and who is supposed to pay extra.
[rofl]

Hollis is a pretty good regular Flea, some guns, fishing, antique firearms, ammo fresh and old parts. . . And lots of older flea /sporting goods /just interesting stuff . . . Sundays, get there early, starts to empty out around noon . . . Directions and dates on Google

Auburn Sportsman's used to do a flea market/yard sale/whatever. I think it was mostly archery, trapping, and fishing equipment.

Pretty sure I heard someone mention one this year.

I know what I've got no low ballers
Years ago, I sublet a table at Marlborough. On of the items I had was a replica Brown Bess.

Looker 1: Frizzen is too smooth
Looker 2: Frizzen is too rough
Lookers 3-10: That's too much!
Looker 11: 1680053213501.jpeg

I guess I was right to say no to low-ballers 3-10, [laugh]

I can supply meats if someone is up for smoking them. Price of food will be having a green membership to NES?

Back
Top Bottom