The People You Meet At Gun Shows

I've been to many Concord NH Arena gun shows over the years and I have bought exactly one firearm, a CZ-82 for about half of what they were going for from surplus gun dealers on line. I don't think the owner really knew what he had.

I stripped it down to it's basic components (not really easy with a CZ-82), cleaned the solidified grease/lubricant off the internals, stripped off the beat-up paint on the slide and receiver and cold blued it and it turned out very nice. All for about $120.

Most of the other stuff I've bought was mostly paper stuff like targets, etc. and the occasional orphaned magazine.

Last edited:
I bought a Gen3 G23 at the Big E Gunshow in 2003 with hi-cap mags, questioned the seller on "legality" and he just shrugged. I was carrying a Gen2 G23 and couldn't buy a new Glock in Ma. so for $550 it was a good deal. Seller had a shop in Agawam and called me a few weeks later stating that he shouldn't have sold me Glock but I had mentioned I was on Active Duty and he asked me to drop by his shop so he could make copy of my ID just in case Ma. hassled him. No problem, still have Glock today but it's a G19 with G23 slide in reserve. Sold my Gen2 G23 to one of my Soldiers at the time. Probably last gun show I attended.

My last show was at Marlborough when reloading supplies were almost impossible to find. Bought two cases of primers from Zenk's(?) and some jerky. I had seen NES folk looking for ammo deals though. He had a two wheel dolly with him. [wink]

One of his last types, The Fed, supposedly asks if you know where you can buy a sawed-off shotgun. I never understood people who would agree to sell one to someone. I mean, really, who would believe that someone is willing to pay you $xxx to get a hacksaw and saw off the barrel / stock of a shotgun when he could just go to Home Depot and pay $x for a hacksaw?

When I see straw buys, selling a NFA item or buying a some NFA part online, Amazon, eBay etc, I assume 90% of the people have no idea there are laws against stupid stuff like that. How many people get arrested for possession in MA, NJ, NY, etc while driving through or visiting a relative or friend. Many think their home state license is good nationally or no state would require a license for possession. There are only 8 or so states with mag limits, AWBs, etc. when I mention what illegal in mass to non gun people, they’re usually surprised such dumb stuff is a crime.

When I see straw buys, selling a NFA item or buying a some NFA part online, Amazon, eBay etc, I assume 90% of the people have no idea there are laws against stupid stuff like that. How many people get arrested for possession in MA, NJ, NY, etc while driving through or visiting a relative or friend. Many think their home state license is good nationally or no state would require a license for possession. There are only 8 or so states with mag limits, AWBs, etc. when I mention what illegal in mass to non gun people, they’re usually surprised such dumb stuff is a crime.
Doesn't FOPA technically still protect you if you're cutting thru the communist states from North Carolina to Maine? Can you still not have hollow point dum dums when cutting thru NJ? Even if it's in a locked ammo box in a locked trunk?

Doesn't FOPA technically still protect you if you're cutting thru the communist states from North Carolina to Maine? Can you still not have hollow point dum dums when cutting thru NJ? Even if it's in a locked ammo box in a locked trunk?

It’s supposed to but some like NJ and NY don’t care about FOPA. Also some will be visiting family in those states or something and FOPA doesn’t cover that. Most have no idea it’s illegal what they’re doing and will tell the cop they have a gun, etc in the trunk.

This woman is a great example. Single mother of two who lives in Philly, she had her apartment robbed several times so she got a CCW and gun. A few weeks later she was pulled over for a driving infraction and told the cop she had a gun and gave her PA CCW thinking it was 50 state valid. They wanted to put her in prison for 3 years

It’s supposed to but some like NJ and NY don’t care about FOPA. Also some will be visiting family in those states or something and FOPA doesn’t cover that. Most have no idea it’s illegal what they’re doing and will tell the cop they have a gun, etc in the trunk.

This woman is a great example. Single mother of two who lives in Philly, she had her apartment robbed several times so she got a CCW and gun. A few weeks later she was pulled over for a driving infraction and told the cop she had a gun and gave her PA CCW thinking it was 50 state valid. They wanted to put her in prison for 3 years

Yes, I remember this case, another reason to HATE Jersey. I drove to Ft. Dix a few times in my POV for NCOES Schools and carried my G23 right onto Post. I knew it was a no- no but drove carefully.

View attachment 696738

How come gun show booths don't ever use any 'decorations' like car shows do?
I've seen a few vendor's wives/girlfriends... but that was a while ago... 🤔

Maybe a combo event would draw in the crowds?

"Gun Show & Wet Tee Shirt Contest!" has a ring to it...

Maybe a Kissing Booth?

Aren't LEO allowed to carry anywhere in the states? Even off duty? Want to carry in Manhattan? Just be a cop in North Dakota.

I've seen a few vendor's wives/girlfriends... but that was a while ago... 🤔

Maybe a combo event would draw in the crowds?

"Gun Show & Wet Tee Shirt Contest!" has a ring to it...

Maybe a Kissing Booth?

I had to laugh at one show where the lady selling holsters was wearing a shoulder rig that displayed her assets quite nicely. To top it off she had a Molon Labe shirt.

I’ve always enjoyed gun shows. Anywhere I can find used guns looking for the gem is time we’ll spent to me.

Aren't LEO allowed to carry anywhere in the states? Even off duty? Want to carry in Manhattan? Just be a cop in North Dakota.
New Jersey and New York don't recognize LEOSA. They'll jam you up and make you fight your way out through the courts. In New Jersey, we were told off duty cops have to swap out their hollow points before they go home.

New Jersey and New York don't recognize LEOSA. They'll jam you up and make you fight your way out through the courts. In New Jersey, we were told off duty cops have to swap out their hollow points before they go home.

I’ve heard LEOSA is a bit evolved to do. No idea if that’s accurate, just what I’ve heard.

What we need is a "NES MEMBER's TABLE"...

View attachment 696712
It would be like a fedboi foto shoot.
Might as well get us all at one table and save the taxpayers some money.

Objectifying women, like those in that video, cast gun owners in a negative light and we should not support such overt sexual exploitation by watching content like that.
I counted 37 instances of inappropriate innuendo the first time I watched it. Then I noticed 7 more instances the next five times I watched it. But it wasn't until I watched it for the twelfth time, and in slow motion, that I found a total of 53 instances. Then I cleaned up and took a nap.

Back
Top Bottom