• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SW22 Victory issue

EMTDAD

NES Member
so finally got to get out to the range to try out the new gun. Gun seemed real nice.. no problems with the Rem Bucket ammo I had on hand.

one thing that was annoying me was that the manual safety kicked on after every shot. A quick Google search says this is a problem with the safety lever arm not engaging the spring all the way. Email to S&W says to send it back for service.. They'll send an FedEx label.. First time shipping a firearm for me.. any tips?

so finally got to get out to the range to try out the new gun. Gun seemed real nice.. no problems with the Rem Bucket ammo I had on hand.

one thing that was annoying me was that the manual safety kicked on after every shot. A quick Google search says this is a problem with the safety lever arm not engaging the spring all the way. Email to S&W says to send it back for service.. They'll send an FedEx label.. First time shipping a firearm for me.. any tips?

Wrap the gun up in bubble wrap with the slide and frame separately wrapped. Put the two (or more) bubble-wrapped packages in a box that fits them. Fill the box up with packaging peanuts or something similar to make sure the gun doesn't move around. Print out the shipping label and Scotch-tape it on the box. Drop the box off at a Fedex location, like the one in North Attleboro across from Friendly's. If they ask what you're shipping, say "machine parts."

Lol. Love the advice already provided above !

I bought a S&W Perf Center model Victory, used from a LGS. And thought it had the same problem.
After working with it a bit. Found it was my thumb hitting the safety lever. 🤪

Shot a few more rounds being careful with thumb placement and it’s all good. At least for me YMMV.

Oh. And Yes I know. “Design problem”. “Would own a gun with ...”. But it’s a plinker. Not defensive carry piece so it’s all good

yeah.. caught me off guard at first.. load mag, aim, safety off, pull trigger, BANG.. pull trigger.. nope.. safety on.. slide safety off, pull trigger, bang, repeat.. went thru 50-60 rounds today like that.

appears to be a common issue.. actual youtube vids to grind down the safety lever as a fix..

Since the shipping label never came today, I'll try to go back to the range this weekend and pay close attention to see if it's my thumb hitting it.

try shooting it lefty to ensure nothing is near that thumb safety. does hand cycling it engage the safety? like if you pull the trigger or run the slide hard manually, does it flip the safety up? i'm betting it's your grip but either way hopefully you'll get this straightened out since the SW22 is a really cool pistol!

well I took it out today... same thing happening.. I also showed a couple of friends and they both said the safety wasn't really tight and popped back on pretty easily.. hoping to get the FedEx label on Monday and send it out next week.

well I took it out today... same thing happening.. I also showed a couple of friends and they both said the safety wasn't really tight and popped back on pretty easily.. hoping to get the FedEx label on Monday and send it out next week.
Hope S&W gets it squared away and back in your hands soonest.

Back
Top Bottom