SW1911 stainless scratch removal

I picked up a used stainless sw1911 over the weekend. At some point between purchasing the gun, going to the range and field stripping it for cleaning I managed to put some minor scratches on the top side of the slide. I know that its ss but there appears to be a coating as well. Does anyone have any advice as to how I could remove these scratches or am I SOL... Thanks...

Is it polished or blasted/matte? Can you post a picture? Depending on the finish - 800 grit sand paper with oil, or scotch brite will work. Maybe some rubbing compound/jewlers rouge or white stick and a buffer. If its blasted, you may be out of luck.

I polish all my SS guns with Mothers Mag wax, you can get it at most auto stores. It has a very mild abrasize action and after a few times all the little marks will leave.

Put a little on a cotton rag, rub it on the whole gun and then buff it off with a clean one. It will take a little work to buff it all off but it's worth it.

It makes your guns really shine and their a lot easier to clean after you fire them.

Back
Top Bottom