• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock extended baseplate removal

Soundwave

NES Member
Anyone have any tips for removing one? Most tools I've seen done work on the extended ones. I want to remove and replace the spring so that it feeds better and hopefully engages the LRBHO.

I use a small screw driver to push the pin and pry forward a little at the same time. Then remove screwdriver (pushpin should be under the plate now and secured by that) and then put screwdriver into the now open space between the baseplate and rear mag wall and continue prying forward until it’s loose enough to slide off with fingers.

Been doing it this way for years and never caused any damage to anything.

I wrap the mag body in leather and gently put in a bench vice. Use a punch to push the pin, and tap on the lip of the mag with a soft plastic hammer. Once it gets moving it slides right off, watch for that SPROIIIIIIING followed by 20 minutes of searching the room.

You are going to ruin it.

You need this:

I bought the regular little pry tool which worked great on normal baseplate. It's the extended one on a Scherer that is giving me problems. I also have some old pre-ban G17 most from my dad that have ancient +2s that I would like to replace the spring. I could possibly replace the baseplate too if someone has a good recommendation.

I bought the regular little pry tool which worked great on normal baseplate. It's the extended one on a Scherer that is giving me problems. I also have some old pre-ban G17 most from my dad that have ancient +2s that I would like to replace the spring. I could possibly replace the baseplate too if someone has a good recommendation.

I was about to curse you @Reptile because the GTul doesnt even come close to fitting over the extended base plate. But the added pressure to the sides really helped it come off! Thanks.

Dude nobody in the real world needs faggity shit like that a Glock Armorers tool and a pair of channel locks with some electrical tape is more than enough to take apart any Glock mag easily
I keep my mags in mint condition. I have not a single scratch due to using this tool.

Back
Top Bottom