• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SVT-40 Adjustment tools

Hello fellows WW2 surplus collectors.
Does any one have one of these (or both) SVT gas port adjustment tools pictured below?
I gave up trying to find one and now want to make my own.
Wile I can easily find pictures I need dimensional drawing of the part with all the sizes.

Anyone cares to help?

SVT_Tools.jpg

This tool is necessary for adjusting the gas settings on your SVT40 Rifle. The opening at the small end is for gas regulator adjustment, the big hole in the other end is for removing the nut in the end of the muzzle extension, the square notch is for removing the piston and the other notch is for tightening/loosening accessories on the cleaning rod.

Last edited:
I got this one thrown in with an SKS I bought a while ago. I found out its a collectable one and worth some $$. Can't remember what it was about it that made it so rare. I also have a repro one laying around somewhere.

100_1672.jpg

I found the info on it. Here is part of a post from Vic on GB:

There is a tool for the 1938, 1940 models and the special tool was issued to NCO's and snipers for the removal of the muzzle nut to clean the inside of the baffles on the muzzle extension. The common guy was not trusted to do this. The key shaped cut out is for this nut on the end of the muzzle extension. The VS is a Finnish contractor who made these tools Vasa-Summa I think it is. I thought I had that in the article who the maker was. I'm not at home somI'll check for you what the correct spelling is. The Finns copied the special tool and that was what they issued in the tool kit that they provided with each rifle. VS and VKT made these tools for Finnish use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom