• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SUV after being shot by 20 millimeter

for the guys that have heard the A10's before, i heard them when i was in Fort Leonardwood, MO. it sounds like nothing else in the world.
+1 One of my friends in the Marines was an A10 pilot and he used to say the cannon would slow the jet down when it was engaged. Enough to rock them back a bit... [shocked]

Not surprised it was an F-16, those things just can't fly slow enough to be an effective CAS platform. Not their first time hitting the wrong "target" at night, either. The biggest advantage the A-10 has, besides that big honkin' 30mm is flying low & slow enough to actually see the target during a gun run.

Of course, I might be biased after 17 years working on the A-10. The closest I ever got to targets on a range with one was about 300 yards, which was close enough. Still cool has hell to watch - if you were willing to look like a spectator at a tennis match (we were between the plane and the targets, off center a bit) you could see the A-10 fire, see bullet impacts, then hear the plane fire and then hear impacts.

I miss those planes......#$@% BRAC F-15's......[angry]

Back
Top Bottom