Summit Treestand Seat

So, after several years of promising myself, I finally broke down and bought a Summit Goliath SD. I've only used it in the backyard to get familiar with it but, I have to say it'he most comfortable stand I've ever sat in.
Here's the problem I'm having: I'm fooling around with a MOLLE waist belt and shoulder pads but, I'm having a hard time packing the unit up with the stock seat. Most of the guys that I've seen (on forums & Youtube) who have gone the MOLLE route have replaced the Summit seat with the Hazmore or the Slumper seat. I've also read guys raving about these and how much quieter, lighter, easier to pack, and more comfortable they are than stock.
Now, I'll give you quieter, lighter, easier but I don't see how in the world that little piece of net/mesh can be more comfortable than the Summit seat.
Do any of you guys use an after market seat over a stock one or has anyone got a trick to packing the stock one with the MOLLE belt in place?

Back when I hunted from trees I used a Summit Goliath with the Molle strap setup and Third Hand Archery stabilizer straps. It is indeed super comfortable and I took many a nap in it.

There is no need to change the seat.

The Molle system was mounted to the bottom platform.

I used to unstrap the shoulder straps and pull them through and I did the same with the seat tucking it in like shown.

Bob

IMG-0805.jpg
IMG-0802.jpg
IMG-0800.jpg

Last edited:
Bob,

Sorry for the delay, college move in (x2) and then the buckle on the waist belt I bought is shot so I had to wait for new parts to be delivered.

Your pics are exactly the guidance I was looking for. Thank you so much. I'll be putting things together this weekend.

Gimlet

Bob,

Sorry for the delay, college move in (x2) and then the buckle on the waist belt I bought is shot so I had to wait for new parts to be delivered.

Your pics are exactly the guidance I was looking for. Thank you so much. I'll be putting things together this weekend.

Gimlet

No worries. Life gets busy.

Happy to help.

Bob

If you haven’t picked up a set of stabilizer straps from Third Hand Archery you should. They are much better than the strap that comes with the climber. They really lock that stand to the tree and make it rock solid when you set up.

Bob

Products Detail

Back
Top Bottom