Summit Climbing Tree Stand recall

Nothing changes with Summit. Had mine break 10 years ago 10 feet up in a tree. They can go hump a goat.

Well, how did that go, hanging upside down from your harness 10' off the ground? [rofl]

I used to use climbers all the time...then one day I just said "why the heck am I taking this risk 1 mile into the wilderness alone?" and stopped.

it makes sense to check. You would need to look very close to see any tiny cracks in the weld. ideally using dye and UV light to be 100% sure.

I have a Viper too. I only used it this year because I didn't have a chance to build a few permanent stands. Won't need it next season.

I have a viper that's about 5 years old now. It's really comfortable but it doesn't see much use because it's so damn loud and bulky. Didn't use it at all this year in fact. 100% of my hunts were run and gun hang and hunts from my Lone Wolf Assault and 4 sticks. Gave it a look over prior to the season. All looked good except for the cables which the rubber coating on them gets pretty beat up after a season of use. The cables are otherwise fine and I've gotten tired of replacing them under the guise of making this already egregiously loud stand "quiet". So I roll with most of the rubber pealed off the cables now.

Ive used climbers for years, most of the time alone and always a few miles into the woods. Never had an issue other than wet mossy tree slippage. Although I run it through a thorough inspection each spring before the season comes around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom