Suitability and lack of ejudication

je25ff

NES Member
So, I don't want to go into any details, so I'll just ask a general question here. Is suitability defined by the CLEO alone or is there an MGL standard they need to follow where there needs to be a formal hearing of some kind.

Ok, so it's CLEO discretion. The truth of the situation is obvious, and the resulting legal process affirms that, but I'm just worried about perception. If I could spill my guts about it, you'd all understand completely, but I'm just not there yet with it.

Ok, so basically wait for CLEO, then proceed with litigation if there's an issue. Gotcha.

The original intent, I believe, was that Chief Wiggum would know who was a screwup in town, that may or may not have been pulled into the system by said screw-ups.

Then, Chief W could make sure that the screw-up did not get a license, and screw up more. Of course, in a town of 25,000 people, how can the Chief know you, unless you're in some way special?

It's become tradition, and codified by case law, so unless you have a very strong case to prove bias (No LTC to [insert ethnic or religious group here], or the guy uses a wheel of fortune to decide who gets what, thus proving issuance to be arbitrary or capricious, you're in for a tough row to hoe.

Good luck.

Ok, I'm probably making more of a big deal of this than I ought to be anyways. Thanks, dude.

Back
Top Bottom