Suggestions: Holsters for Glock 22

I'm laid up from surgery and I have a Galco catalog.....now I'm itching to order something.

I prolly need a couple of holsters for my newly acquired Glock 22. Price isn't so much an issue, but quality is.
I'm interested in the Miami Classic (or MC2), the Concealed Carry Paddle, and possibly the SSS (side snap scabbard)

I'm interested in both holsters for the range, and some for concealed carry. I'm not sure how successfully I would be able to conceal a Glock 22, as I don't wear baggy or loose fitting clothing. Nonetheless, I would like suggestions for CC holsters that you guys have used.

Mostly I would like to hear from full-size Glock owners and what holsters they have, have used, and have been happy/disappointed with.

What sucks is not knowing what will work without plopping down some coin for it first. I'm hoping to eliminate some of the risk by asking you gents

For the Glock 22, doing the local action pistol shoots I use a Fobus tactical belt holster, 1-3/4" Bianchi gun belt and a couple of Fobus dual mag carriers. For regular carry I picked up a Bianchi 7/7L (with a thumbsnap...I like thumbsnaps...its kinda weird...).

For the Glock 22, doing the local action pistol shoots I use a Fobus tactical belt holster, 1-3/4" Bianchi gun belt and a couple of Fobus dual mag carriers. For regular carry I picked up a Bianchi 7/7L (with a thumbsnap...I like thumbsnaps...its kinda weird...).
I'm cool with thumbsnaps. I like the idea of it being absolutely secure, but I think based on my movements I don't think i'd end up dumping it out. Prolly leaning towards something w/o snaps

I use & recomend the piecekeeper "pancake" holster.
Its tight to the body and extremely comfortable with my G22

http://www.pcxhost.com/store/st7/tp...&sid=2F859B03896C1964EBA52825B92507703D78A2C6
Excellent, thank you. Do you find it somewhat difficult to conceal?

X2 Comp Tac MTAC or the crossbreed Both high quality and comfortable

I'll second Jakes recommendation for the Cross Breed, specifically I like the SuperTuck for IWB. Very comfortable, fits perfect, and the best holster I ever tried. If you are interested, definitely get the combat cut, as that will allow you a nice high grip on the Glock. Also, if you are going to carry at 2 o'clock or 3 o'clock, make sue you ask them to cut a decent notch off the lower right corner. Otherwise it can dig into your right hip (obviously reverse this if you are a lefty--lower left corner)

oh momma! I have another window open that has like 6 tabs open with all these different holsters on display! As much as you guys are HELPING me, you are also KILLING me! I need some general concensus: so far the blackhawk serpa has a couple of votes...as does the crossbreed.
Then again, I'm looking for a few holsters so more is good!

oh momma! I have another window open that has like 6 tabs open with all these different holsters on display! As much as you guys are HELPING me, you are also KILLING me! I need some general concensus: so far the blackhawk serpa has a couple of votes...as does the crossbreed.
Then again, I'm looking for a few holsters so more is good!

Well, I love the Cross Breed stuff. I own one for each carry weapon and their belt. The nice thing is that you can try it for several days and return it if it's not for you. Make sure you give it at least 1 - 2 days of wearing it all day to break it in.

I'm leaning towards the cross breed. Is it worth getting an actual holster belt?

Definitely. I was previously using a duty belt from when I was a paramedic. These are thicker and more rugged than your JC Penny belts. This still allowed for drooping and pulling from the body. The CB belt is very high quality and keeps everything nice and snug. Bear in mind, it is a thick belt, so I have had maybe two pairs of slacks it didn't fit, but all others were fine. I'd get the velcro backing as an option. It keeps the belt from sliding around and also is good if you want to use the velcro clips instead of the normal ones. Also, make sure you read their instructions for sizing, very important.

Comp-tac CTAC or (MTAC if you don't like kydex against your skin). I carry my fullsize M&P40 (comparable in size to a G22, both in my avatar actually, haha) in a CTAC and love it.

Definitely. I was previously using a duty belt from when I was a paramedic. These are thicker and more rugged than your JC Penny belts. This still allowed for drooping and pulling from the body. The CB belt is very high quality and keeps everything nice and snug. Bear in mind, it is a thick belt, so I have had maybe two pairs of slacks it didn't fit, but all others were fine. I'd get the velcro backing as an option. It keeps the belt from sliding around and also is good if you want to use the velcro clips instead of the normal ones. Also, make sure you read their instructions for sizing, very important.

Uh....I get my belts at Marshalls so step off! [wink]

First Defense in Uxbridge had some Cross Breed in stock, I think they had some Serpas and/or Forbes too, give them a call.
Serpas and Forbes are good for carry when you have something like a jacket to cover them. They're good, but a bit bulky.
Personally I went with an MTAC over a Crossbreed and I'm very glad that I did!

First Defense in Uxbridge had some Cross Breed in stock, I think they had some Serpas and/or Forbes too, give them a call.
Serpas and Forbes are good for carry when you have something like a jacket to cover them. They're good, but a bit bulky.
Personally I went with an MTAC over a Crossbreed and I'm very glad that I did!

They look bulky and ugly, but soooo comfortable. That bulk becomes invisible when you've broke it in for two days. I wouldn't buy from the store because you really do want that combat cut option at a minimum. Otherwise, you can't get a good high grip on the handle and will need to adjust after you draw. Also, if you carry at 3 o'clock or 2 o'clock you're going to want to have them cut some leather so it doesn't dig into your thigh. Anything about 3:30 or further back and you're fine.

Back
Top Bottom