Sub 2000

Once you shoot it, you'll want one (or two). There are some really nice aftermarket metal parts that make the shooting and operating it so much better.
I hear you. In a free state, I'd buy this in a second. Couple things that make me weary: 1.) Way too much plastic. Not saying all my guns need to be SHTF worthy, but there should be a balance between lightweight and durability. I've heard horror stories about KTs customer service and fragile parts don't give me confidence. 2.) Price. Not only is the base price high for what it is, but also the preban mags I would need are another arm/leg.

Other than that, I think KelTec is a great company and makes really innovative firearms. The PF9 is the thinnest 9mm available. The KSG is short and holds a ton of shells. If there's a 3rd gen Sub2k, I'll prob be first in line. Until then, I'm placing my hopes on the upcoming HiPoint bullpup conversion.

My local FFL just got a few in and I was sorely tempted. But it only takes the G17 mags.

Which takes the G19 mags?

My local FFL just got a few in and I was sorely tempted. But it only takes the G17 mags.

Which takes the G19 mags?
All you need to do to convert a g 17 model to g19 is chop the grip. On the gen 2 you might even be able to just switch it.

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk

Any generous sub2k gen 2 owners wanna meet up so this left handed shooter can give it a try? I'll Supply the ammo of course and the range time PM me please.

I've heard various things from lefties so I really would like to try before buying haven't found any local rental places for this one.

Any generous sub2k gen 2 owners wanna meet up so this left handed shooter can give it a try? I'll Supply the ammo of course and the range time PM me please.

I've heard various things from lefties so I really would like to try before buying haven't found any local rental places for this one.

Location?....

South shore where? I'm on south shore and have two of them.

Last edited:
My understanding is you can modify pre-bans to have larger capacity. Or yeah, get the appropriate pre-ban stick mags, they should work.

As far as I can tell, the following configurations have Pre-Bans available

Beretta 92
Sig 226
S&W S&W 59 (5900?)

These ones do not.
S&W M&P
Canik TP9
CZ75

As far as I can tell, the following configurations have Pre-Bans available

Beretta 92
Sig 226
S&W S&W 59 (5900?)

These ones do not.
S&W M&P
Canik TP9
CZ75
I thought the CZ75 was first produced in 1975 which has always led me to believe that prebans exist. Since it's so "old" I'd have guessed lots of prebans.

I thought the CZ75 was first produced in 1975 which has always led me to believe that prebans exist. Since it's so "old" I'd have guessed lots of prebans.

Yeah there are prebans for the CZ75. 15 rounders to be exact. I think that's a typo from noxin.

Back
Top Bottom