• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sub 2000

i shot one a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. The stock iron sights were very good.

Nothing good comes from a 40. But since you already have a Glock with the 40 AIDS, get the Kel-Tec to make it seem somewhat less gay [laugh]

I think the Sub2000 are cool.

I found the straight stock and height of the sights on the sub2k made it kind of uncomfortable to shoot, you had to get your face really low down and close to the bore. It was fun for a little while but I sold it eventually.

I had a subbie in 9mm. When I got the beretta cx4 in 9mm there was no comparison. I traded off the subbie and never looked back. The make a cx4 in .40 too.

This.
i love the cx4 storm. Solid build quality. No comparisom to the Sub2k. While mag compatibility is nice it isnt enough to warrant the sub2k's overall cheapie kel-tek feel. YMMV.

I have one in 9mm they are fun little guns.The only thing you have to get use to, is a little blow back in the face if you are left handed.

Bought a Sub 2000 in .40 about 10 years ago. It sits in a safe and has never been fired and I have no inclination to sell it. Is that strange?

Or buy 3 hi point 4095ts's :)
Mostly kidding, have been looking at these for a while but don't have any of the compatible handguns so it's low on my list of wants....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The longer I have guns the less and less I want to add new calibers to my collection. i already stock 9mm, 12ga, 7.62x54r, .22, and I've been picking up .223 for when I need it in the near future. Accumulating more than 5 calibers is difficult on space and the wallet.

I found the straight stock and height of the sights on the sub2k made it kind of uncomfortable to shoot, you had to get your face really low down and close to the bore. It was fun for a little while but I sold it eventually.

A lot of people feel that way about them and its why I advise people all the time to try shouldering one, or better yet shooting one before buying a Sub 2000.

I love shooting mine but I've seen a bunch of people ask to try it and not like it because of the way you have to hold it.

I have one in 40 cal Glock. It's easily one of my favorite firearms and I don't regret spending a dime on it. It's a great plinker at 50yds and comes out with me on nearly every range trip.

Easy to store, clean, and shoot. But most of all it's a lot of fun.

People have tried to compare it to the Highpoint and Storm, but there is no comparison other than being pistol caliber carbines. The Sub is in a class by itself because of its ability to fold into a very compact package. It literally fits in a laptop case or backpack easily. The other thing is that it can use pre-ban high cap mags, which is a huge plus. The stock sucks, but there is an add on piece that makes a world of difference, not sure if the new gen ones are the same as mine is a few years old. I don't use it a ton, but it's one of my favorite guns for the reasons I mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom