Stupid Hunter Tricks

JonJ

NES Member
Hunter found fatally wounded in Ohio County, Ky.

AP report
Originally published 08:27 a.m., November 18, 2008
Updated 08:27 a.m., November 18, 2008

BEAVER DAM, Ky. — Police in western Kentucky are investigating the death of a hunter who was found in a deer stand in Ohio County.

Kentucky State Police say the hunter was identified as Glen Felton Jr. of Louisville.

Police were called to the scene shortly before 1 p.m. CST Monday. Police said in a statement that it appeared Felton was lifting his rifle up to the deer stand when it accidentally discharged.

No foul play is suspected. An autopsy is planned.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/nov/18/hunter-found-fatally-wounded-western-ky/

How many times reading hunting magazine articles and watching Outdoor Channel shows was this guy told to unload his firearm whenever crossing a fence or lifting it to his tree stand ? Even if his rifle had been unloaded pulling it up to your stand muzzle first isn't too smart. What was he thinking ??[rolleyes]

A few days ago, someone on the forum said, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!"

I think that is fitting here.

How many times reading hunting magazine articles and watching Outdoor Channel shows was this guy told to unload his firearm whenever crossing a fence or lifting it to his tree stand ? Even if his rifle had been unloaded pulling it up to your stand muzzle first isn't too smart. What was he thinking ??[rolleyes]

I still remember them drilling, and I mean drilling this into our heads when I took the Hunters Safety Class.

Well thank goodness his stupidity only caused his own demise. If he was careless enough to point a loaded rifle at himself, what else was he pointing it at?

I hear he was a hell of shot!

Stupidity at its finest!

Only other comment is it did happen in Kentucky and did we really expect any higher brain functions to happen in that neck of the woods .

Good thing it didnt happen in Massachusetts or we would have legislators pushing to ban tree stands (for the Children after all).

There was a kid in school in Harvard do the same thing years back (but ended up crawling out of the woods with some missing ribs.)

Why the hell would you climb hot?! To get that extra edge on the game? Unreal!

Back
Top Bottom