Stun Guns Woohoo!!!! Can't Wait To Zap Myself

Just rechecked the email from FS - I thought it was about ammo so I overlooked it!

This is awesome!!!

Another complexity is how do the Powers That Be know whether the one you have was purchased from a MA dealer, was purchased out of state, or was purchased out of state long ago and resided in the back of a safe for 15 years.

I dont think it matters i think the only thing is ylu have to be a gun dealer to sell them.

Just so you cant buy them at the corner store and every one has them with out a LTC.

The big question is, will LTC restrictions apply to stun gun? Will you need an unrestricted LTC for carry?
As of 2014 maybe 2015 there is no more class A or class B restricted LTC licences.

There is only one license to carry but a police department my put a restriction on it which makes no sense.

This being MA I'm guessing the answer to this falls to the police chief of whatever town your LTC is associated with.

Bill H.4670

carry / possess by LTC or FID only. Has to be in secure container accessible to LTC/FID holder only
download the pdf 'find' for the word stun
SECTION 14. Subsection (a) of section 131L of said chapter 140, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting after the first sentence the following sentence:- It shall be unlawful to store or keep any stun gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container accessible only to the owner or other lawfully authorized user.

If I buy one in NH where I live and drive to MA with it, then what? Do I need a non res LTC with the accompanying yearly interview and driving down to that ghetto town to beg to exercise my rights?
That appears to be the case, although you only need to do the interview every 6 years, now. You'll still need to apply each year for a temporary, non-resident LTC and pay the $100.

What about proper storage? Do all the same rules apply to stun guns as they do firearms? Do they have to be carried concealed? What if my friend agrees to let me zap him, will I still be charged with improper discharge of a firearm? What about blood alcohol content? What about "safe zones"?

There seems to be a huge gray area here. I'm sure this will keep all the liberal lawmakers busy in Massachusetts.

What about proper storage? Do all the same rules apply to stun guns as they do firearms? Do they have to be carried concealed? What if my friend agrees to let me zap him, will I still be charged with improper discharge of a firearm? What about blood alcohol content? What about "safe zones"?

There seems to be a huge gray area here. I'm sure this will keep all the liberal lawmakers busy in Massachusetts.

I may be wrong (IANAL) but I'm pretty sure that they simply added "Stun Gun" to the definition of "Firearm" so any requirement (storage, carrying, discharging, etc.) for a firearm would also apply to a stun gun. That said, up until a couple years ago, pepper spray was considered ammunition which would mean it had the same storage requirements. I never heard a case of someone being charged with improper storage of pepper spray.

The cool ones like the police carry are around $2500 here in Pennsylvania. If I’m spending that much it will be on a real gun. However the $25 dollar ones will do the job.

Look Saugus if they want you to have a LTC to have a friggin stun gun then treat it like a gun and you won't have any problems with the po po
I have no interest in carrying one. If I did It would be treated like a firearm. Just curious about laws.

I have no interest in carrying one. If I did It would be treated like a firearm. Just curious about laws.

I probably wont carry one either.

All I was trying to say is that this state is so communist that even though you can carry a stun gun you probably will get screwed if you ever use one.

So all my point is if they want you to have a LTC then treat it like a gun so they can't say you where not in compliance.

This state sucks anyway because every time these liberals give you a freedom back that took from us that should be granted anyway thats why its called (Free)dom they seem to manage to take 2 more Freedoms away.

Last edited:
That appears to be the case, although you only need to do the interview every 6 years, now. You'll still need to apply each year for a temporary, non-resident LTC and pay the $100.

Standard disclaimer (by me) - Unless you qualify for a 2-year non-resident license (works out to $50/yr).

• Persons employed by a bank, public utility corporation, a firm engaged in the business of transferring money, or a firm licensed in Massachusetts as a private detective agency, must have the application endorsed by his/her employer by submitting a letter from their employer on company letterhead indicating his or her current employment.

https://www.mass.gov/files/2017-06/Non-resident Application - REVISED 12.2016_0.pdf

SECTION 14. Subsection (a) of section 131L of said chapter 140, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting after the first sentence the following sentence:- It shall be unlawful to store or keep any stun gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container accessible only to the owner or other lawfully authorized user.

Seems pretty clear from what is written in the new statute.

I initially bought a Taser X2, as it's the same model my local PD uses, managed to score one for a few hundred less than retail as a one off inventory reduction sale. It's kind of bulky for my tastes, but workable. I'll likely pick up a Taser Pulse to complement/replace it for when concealment is of paramount importance vs what I've been referring to as casual carry.

I want to leave this thing in my car but it doesn’t sound legal...plus I’m in RI every day for work so that screws me too

I'll buy one! Any thoughts on which is the better model?

^^^this...I see ruger, tornado and Sabre contact models sold at the store near me...most are in the shape of a flashlight

Also are tasers legal?...the ones with the shooting prongs or just contact stun guns?...cause if you ever have to use it you may as well make the criminal piss their pants and scream like a baby

Last edited:
Tempted to get one just for the sake of owning one. Local store has had the taser pulse and another model in stock for awhile now.

Group buy for cattle prods?...

50094_1.jpg

I picked up a Taser Pulse yesterday. It's very light and fits comfortably in my front pocket walking around and sitting at a desk. Also of interest my Clinger Holsters Comfort Cling Holster Comfort Cling Holster - Clinger Holsters seems to fit it well. The holster is supposed to stay in your front pocket while you draw out your firearm and it does that for the Taser. I had to work it a little to loosen it up and after that it was fine. Check out the attached picture and note the safety switch (which activates the power) is covered. The holster is only $19.00 and well made. I've seen online they sell a compact and a full size model. I bought mine a while back for my Smith & Wesson 642 when they offered only one size for small guns so I'm fairly certain mine is the compact model. I've seen Sticky Holsters makes a specific Taser Pulse model but I haven't seen one up close. I've had other Sticky Holsters and I think the padding on the Clinger is better.

upload_2018-10-18_13-50-8.png

Back
Top Bottom