Stun Guns Woohoo!!!! Can't Wait To Zap Myself

GLOCK-22

NES Member
Stun guns can now be sold in Massachusetts!

They can only be sold by licensed firearms dealers.

They must be sold to someone who is at least 21 years old and has an FID or Resident Class A License to Carry.

this is news? i thought this changed months ago. I have my Vipertek but i'm now in NH anyway. Just the crackle when you press the button is probably enough.

edit: idk if they're officially legal but I had to post this article regarding opening the door to it. New England Public Radio and they don't the difference between their and they're. LMAO

Mass. Stun Gun Law Struck Down By State's High Court

"If we can just allow people to carry these weapons, if they so choose, as long as their licensed, as long as they're not otherwise prohibited, I think that should be the bar that should be set," Kyes said.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere here, but are these legal in any of the other commie states in the northeast, i.e., NJ, NY? Wondering if a MA resident can possess when in states we can't carry a firearm.

Idle curiosity... are they legal to possess, or legal to carry?

For example, in MA it is legal to possess a switchblade or similar knife, but illegal to carry around.

Idle curiosity... are they legal to possess, or legal to carry?

For example, in MA it is legal to possess a switchblade or similar knife, but illegal to carry around.

Bill H.4670

carry / possess by LTC or FID only. Has to be in secure container accessible to LTC/FID holder only
download the pdf 'find' for the word stun

I think over time they will be like mace

At first you needed a LTC or FID to have mace and women bitched moaned and complained then took it to court and anyone over 18 can have mace so give it time for some liberal to do the same for the stun guns.

Or mybe not because it has the word gun in it PEWPEW

Stun guns can now be sold in Massachusetts!

They can only be sold by licensed firearms dealers.

They must be sold to someone who is at least 21 years old and has an FID or Resident Class A License to Carry.

Been there, stun gun with a capacitive charge in my backpack that discharged when I reached in to grab a pencil. Ouch!

I think over time they will be like mace

At first you needed a LTC or FID to have mace and women bitched moaned and complained then took it to court and anyone over 18 can have mace so give it time for some liberal to do the same for the stun guns.

Or mybe not because it has the word gun in it PEWPEW

Not sure if serious, it wasn't "women bitching and complaining" it was more like a decade of effort between gun owners GOAL and a willing legislator to get OC decrim'ed in MA for non criminal adults to freely own it.

...are these legal in any of the other commie states in the northeast, i.e., NJ, NY? Wondering if a MA resident can possess when in states we can't carry a firearm.
Really good question.

I did a quick search and they are legal in the non-commie states. Totally illegal in NJ, RI and HI. But just like with gunz, it's going to be complicated to stay out of trouble. For instance they are legal to own in CT but you can't carry or have in your vehicle. In CA you can't have them in any "meeting required to be open to the public". Some individual counties and cities have their own rules.

The StunGunBuyersGuide site has some pretty detailed info on the 50 states (It's a little behind on MA).

FID?? Who the f*** is going to go through the hassle of getting a gun license just to carry a tazer?

The big question is, will LTC restrictions apply to stun gun? Will you need an unrestricted LTC for carry?

As of 2014 maybe 2015 there is no more class A or class B restricted LTC licences.

There is only one license to carry but a police department my put a restriction on it which makes no sense.

Last edited:
stun gun....the "green" choice. Do they make solar chargers for these or do they just take 3 or 4 double A's?

If I buy one in NH where I live and drive to MA with it, then what? Do I need a non res LTC with the accompanying yearly interview and driving down to that ghetto town to beg to exercise my rights?

Another complexity is how do the Powers That Be know whether the one you have was purchased from a MA dealer, was purchased out of state, or was purchased out of state long ago and resided in the back of a safe for 15 years.

The REAL question (shocked nobody is asking) is what happens when you use it...
Will it be treated the same way as drawing a gun? Like aiming a gun? Like shooting a gun?
I'm not sure there's any way to know until a few people go through the legal meat grinder and we have some precedent. As they say, the statute isn't the law. The courts' interpretation of the statute creates the meaning of the law(or however they put it).

Back
Top Bottom